2004 DHCCPOA Annual Meeting

This topic contains 37 replies, has 2,628 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Editor

The 2004 Election for the Officers and the Board of Directors is scheduled for June of this year. Dispite a mandate in the Bylaws (section 5.15 see: http://www.diamondheadnews.com/absolutenm/templates/DheadMinutes1.asp?articleid=222&zoneid=1) requiring two candidates per position, three of the officers positions, president, treasurer and secretary are unopposed as the nominating committee has only named one candidate for each position. What do you think?

Did more than 1 person take the required action to be nominated for the various offices? Once again, the “editor” is trying his best to stir the pot. Secret nominating committee?? Get real. And get a life. don

Editor

Read the bylaws, parrot. The operative word is “shall” not if they meet some ambiguous proceedure. We have rights as members to insure that the bylaws are followed. If you want a dictator, move to South America.

Anonymous

I think I am going to have to stop looking at this website, or have a stroke! I have never seen a non-profit organization run the way this one is being run. I am a former auditor and have attended board meetings of nonprofit organizations, such as water associations and have never seen one that nominations were not allowed from the members who attended the annual board meeting. How in the World did these by-Laws get enacted in the first place? Why were there not people on the board at that time to prevent such things from happening? The more I learn about Diamondhead, the less I like. Listen folks, if we do not unite and make the necessary steps to remedy the unfair practices of the POA (which seems to be a misnomer to me, for all I can see is that the majority of the property owners here have no say in the way things are handled)we will be paying more and more for the mistakes of the past and future that these “anointed” board members have made and will make in the future!

ramboron

If no one else in this community wants to step up to the challenge of running a home owners association, which by the way is a non-rewarding challenge, then we should accept the single nomination. I am speaking from experience, having been on such a board prior to moving to Diamondhead.

Anonymous

After reading the By-Laws, it appears that we have until April 15th to encourage other people to make themselves available to run for a position on the board. Let’s try and encourage some level-headed individuals to run and get this organization back in order. Time is running out!

ramboron

I am in total agreement with you. Someone has to step up to the plate and swing the bat. Otherwise, you have to go with the way the game is played.

Okay, Ed. What do the bylaws say about running a private business from a residence in Da Head? Just curious. Where is your “corporate headquarters” or “world headquarters” — whatever facade you’re using now. You only want to use the bylaws to cause problems and creat friction. It’s what makes you happy. But you will be found out. You don’t have to bother cutting me off — this will be my last post. It’s been fun. don

This message has been moved from a different thread.

Editor

Are you telling me every member of the Diamondhead POA was contacted? The actions of this “nominating committee” is a clear violation of the bylaws. If they cannot abide by the bylaws and hold a legal election, how can they be expected to enforce them? Again the word is “shall”.

Anonymous

No, I was not notified. You are right Mr. Editor, according to Article II, Section 3.4 “Notice of Meeting.”

wayne king
    Participant

Isn’t this similar to how Hussain and Putin got elected???? One party,one candidate???I guess this is the me,my,mine party.

I suggest you run. don

No, I will continue to post. Because I realize if I say anything you don’t want anybody else to know or see or believe, you will simply delete the post. I’m just glad I’ve printed out all the posts I was even vaguely interested in. don

FortunateOne

To keep focus and not to get personal, The POA is organization that is governed by rules. These rules are there for a reason. If we are to live by these rules, collect fees, impose fines and confiscate property, should we not demand compliance of all including committees and boards?
    A large number of owners like me are not residents, I believe over 25%. Without protection from arbitrary enforcement our investments are worthless.
    Does MS have an attorney general? Is he awake?

Editor

Excellent point! The question is: has the committee closed the process of nominations or does a candidate need to submit 25 signatures? If the committee really wants to have contact, should they not be more accessible? We offer them this forum to solicit for candidates in the time remaining. We know they know it exists and we believe at least one of them has access to a computer online. No hidden agendas, no surprises, just an honest offer to help them fulfill their obligations under the by-laws, before another lawsuit and another dues increase because of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.