ACLU vs DHCC&POA

Home Forums Diamondhead Legal Forum ACLU vs DHCC&POA ACLU vs DHCC&POA

This topic contains 19 replies, has 650 voices, and was last updated by  wayne king 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

wayne king
    Participant

This is a problem created by our Covenants which were originated by the Developer of Diamondhead, (Percell), I do not want any of my Fees expended defending the covenant against the ACLU if it comes to that. If Percell thinks it wants its covenants defended, let them defend them with their resourses. Not our POA’s.

lisal

There is another way of looking at it, if the POA did use the money for defending the ACLU, at least you would know where is was going. — HA!!!! Right now as far as I can see it is just lining their pockets. It is going to be interesting, I am hoping the ACLU comes in and close the POAS’ doors for good. I just love throwing $65 a month away!!!!!!

SueHalpern

Kyger’s letter re: the ACLU, not to them, but to the Letters to the Editor of the Sun Herald is excellent AT FACE VALUE, but where havs the POA been (and where has the actual incoming revenue) when they spent all that money regarding Incorporation issues (which was ILLEGAL; nothing done). But where havs all the POAs been all these years…allowing all expenditures (and we aren’t usually informed, as with the fee amount of $10,000 a month to HMS to “manage our amenities with a $250,000 bonus if revenue is increased. As I have mentioned before, when I asked Ms. Tomasovsky why this wasn’t listed in the published Financial Statement in our D/head News publication…she replied in an email that it “…didn’t need to be shown in the Financial Statement as it was a PROFESSIONAL FEE? Wonder why some of the D/head property owners with math, bookkeeping, CPA backgrounds haven’t brought this up? My experience when in keeping books, everything coming in or going out was properly identified. How much do they really get paid, and for WHAT? Why hasn’t any action been initiated about the illegal actions (and money spent) by the POA in the matter of Incorporation? AND, has the CITY made any payments on the renting, on credit, POA offices, office machines & supplies, furniture AND phone service to date? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

Elton’s responses on all issues appear to be delusional and convoluted in that the POA paid for the establishment of the city and backed the current non-elected Mayor and his non elected cronies 100%. Just look where and what spaces the city occupied before they acquired the Baptist Church. The POA is a viral appendage on the city and needs to be eliminated. However, before they leave somehow we need to have a total and independent audit (by a third party). I would be happy to join that audit for free!.

ju ju

I’m in complete agreement with Wayne King.
    Also, sighting MichaelS, I’d love to see an independant audit take place by more than 3 auditors.

MRIBT2

I also agree, no POA fees to defend a suit against the ACLU on this issue. Property owners, email, call, your POA board and POA offices and tell them not to spend your funds on this matter. Let your voices be heard. Make them know that many “someones” are paying attention and not going to stand for their ineptitude any longer.

SueHalpern

There has been too much apathy over the years in regard to whatever the POA has been doing (with our money). People, as MRIBT2 said, flood the POA office with emails, calls, letters, etc. Just don’t sit there. This is YOUR money, too, the POA is (mis) handling.

Pelican1

Wayne you are now coming around to the truth it is Purcel inc. problem not ours. This web site really works people do get it

Wayne thank you

benmike60

I do not mean to sound negative about the ACLU law suit, but there is way bigger issues to worry about than a sign in a yard and solicitation. Don’t get me wrong it may lead to other law suits and/or audits. But we have learn thru these elections that it was a non factor. Hopefully the law suit will be based on the fact that the POA solicted the petitions and denied all others from doing the same.

wayne king
    Participant

This ACLU inquiry could just be the opening of the door for Government regulatory entities, there are many un-tested issues with the so called “Governing Documents” of Diamondhead. Some topics that at times just do not seem in the best interest of the residents or the employees are Voting, fairness and representation, Equal opportunity in hiring practices, occupational safety, Non profit status and probably others dealing with accountability and care in the security and management of common interest funds .

SueHalpern

Did you read where Kiln is looking into Incorporation? OMG…..

Editor

You can read the entire lawsuit as it was presented to the court here: http://www.diamondheadnews.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=1389&z=68

Editor

With today’s court order. the community of Diamondhead has now joined the United States of America!

http://www.diamondheadnews.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=1404&z=2

Carry on with great vigor!

benmike60

So I guess the POA will use our money to defend itself, is there anyway we can oppose this?

Editor

In June a membership meeting is scheduled. We will have a few surprises for Mr. Kyger and his attorneys.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.