Annual Golf Fees

This topic contains 45 replies, has 1,471 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Editor

We are currently running a poll concerning this subject. We have decided to transfer the comments to a forum whereby all may respond to the subject. If you have not yet voted on the poll, you may do so now by clicking here: http://www.diamondheadnews.com/AbsoluteNM/search/AllPolls.asp

Anonymous

What does the property owners due have to do with the golf dues.all pay prop dues but you choose to play golf and you pay accordinly.you are mixing apples and oranges

Anonymous

Skip, You need to get off of this issue because the golf money brings a profit every year. Without golf revenues, this place would shut down tomorrow! The root problem is that we do not use the Country Club or the Yatch Club to anywhere near their full potential. Also, other amenities, such as Tennis World, have never contributed financially to Diamondhead. My feeling is, if it costs us money to operate it, either improve conditions to make the amenity a money maker, or shut it down!

Anonymous

Apples vs oranges? More like dollars and cents! Golf making a profit? I don’t think so. More like Enron accounting. Dues have been subsidizing golf for years. It’s time to end this!

Anonymous

It’s about time someone confronts this issue and asks questions. It seems some people won’t like the answers.

Anonymous

sell off the Country Club and the Yacht Club.

Anonymous

That is a really badly worded survey! You have subjectively asked the question when it should be objectively asked. How about recognizing all of the money that golf has given to the community! In addition, how much have we spent on the airport, marina, tennis world or swimming pools. I don”t use many of those but I bet you a lot of money has gone toward those activities too.

Anonymous

My wife and I live in PA and have been visiting Diamondhead for 27 years. We bought property thinking we would build. It would appear there are alot of problems with the POA. On my recent visit in Dec 2003 I noticed a few new ones

Anonymous

POA fees are different and seperate from GOLF fees. You play golf, you pay. No D”hd resident pays golfing fees if they do not play golf. Should you pay an extra $5 for paving because there are 2 cars in your houshold?

Anonymous

Dues subsidizes golf, period. The fees being paid by resident golfers are entirely too low. If they were paying a reasonable rate, we wouldn”t need a dues increase.

Anonymous

Not everyone is a golfer. In addition, pepole who use the pools should also pay a per use fee.

Anonymous

Wow…. the things you can do with numbers. Aren”t the same people who can play for “$3.00 per day” also members who bear the same POA fees as non-golfers? Exactly how many members who pay advance green fees play every day? I personally play on weekends and, in the summer months, get in a few 9-hole rounds in the afternoons. We all need to remember that without the golf courses, Diamondhead would probably not have “caught on” and we might be a “Discovery Bay” or worse. Sure it takes money to maintain the golf course — but it also generates revenue for the entire community. Smell the roses. don

Anonymous

POSTING REMOVED BY JOHN COOK 1-16-04

bemused

I’m actually responding to a response…and posing a question. It was my understanding that Diamondhead POA MUST maintain and and keep operating the amenities through the year 2020. I thought it was part of an agreement that when Purcell handed over Diamondhead to the residents (POA) that this be done. If the amenities are shut down (selling not being an option), then Purcell can take over control of Diamondhead. Maybe someone can set me straight if I am mis-informed.

One thing I’m clear on…the amenities here are not hidden nor were they a secret when I purchased my home, in fact they are a selling point (look at any real estate ad). To move here and then suddenly complain about them seems a little ridiculous. If it was never one’s intention to avail oneself of the use of the amenties (one or all), I can see why a person might question his reasons behind moving to a community that must pay for those amenities. Only a particular individual can answer that for himself and decide if moving here was a wise choice given that the individual never uses the pools, golf courses, clubs, marina, or plays tennis. Diamondhead was never “just” a subdivision.

Editor

Ah yes, the infamous “takeover agreement”, a piece of business that will ever go down in Diamondhead history as the work of the most inept group of morons ever to darken a board room. The HUD (The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) Report that established Diamondhead clearly states that the developer had to turn over all amenities in 1985. This report entitled “Property Report, Notice and Disclaimer, by Office of the Interstate Land Sales Registration U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development”, was supposed to be given to and signed by any potential buyer in Diamondhead, before they bought property. The supplemental takeover agreement does not and cannot negate this document. The HUD report declaration made to the federal government by the developer for the purpose of securing their easement on a federal by way, I-10. In that document the developer is required to sell to the POA all amenities for $1.00 on or before January 1, 1985. On page nine (9) of that document it states: “Developer is obligated to convey its interest in all common recreational facilities to the property owners association by January 1, 1985, for $1.00 and may do so after January 1, 1976.” There is no provision for the developer to reacquire the amenities.

We are in possession of the “HUD Report” and are in the process of entering it into our system so you can see for yourself. We will notify all subscribers when this is accomplished.

The truth of the matter is that this “Diamondhead Myth” has its roots firmly in the developer’s fertilizer. If the municipal incorporation becomes a fact, the developer will have 1600 lots on the city tax roles. They now pay nothing on these lots to the POA.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.