Another one bites the dust!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 424 voices, and was last updated by  sue5101 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

sue5101
    Participant

Woohoo! This is way to much fun! Bah bye Pam Tomasovsky! Round and round and round it goes where it stops nobody knows 😉

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

Pam is smart getting out from the control of Elton Kyger. Good luck.

Elena Weber
    Participant

Maybe we can’t exercise our right to free speech here in Diamondhead, but we can get rid of the corruption.
    Things are looking up for us citizens.
    🙂

TomLaird

I think this is just starting, wait until the new leadership of the city takes over and watch them leave the ship. Hopefull a Ms Attorney General Dept investigation will follow and look into everything that the present city administration and POA has been doing.

sue5101
    Participant

Going to be a very interesting transition. It only takes a few voices to start a chain reaction. The last 40 years belong to them, the next 40 belong to the residents. The covenents are so outdated and behind the times and new demographic of Diamondhead, its time for change.

Squaredeal

Well, we are gradually getting rid of the crooks..I sincerely hope we have a State Auditor come in and go back 30 years on this bunch of power hungry crooks, and put a bunch of them in prison clothes..That would make my day complete.

TomLaird

Well said Sue. Time does march on and time does heal. I believe that when the covenants were written the founders didn’t have a idea of what the neighborhood would grow into. It was a way to control who purchases property etc and eliminate those they didn’t want or make them conform. But it out grew their expectations and (soon to be their control) when families started moving in a flood 10-12 years ago. And especially in the last couple of years when interest rates and property value dropped. You’re right it is time for a change and its coming………………….

ofenner

During the recent election process at one of the forums a question arose as to whether the POA management and board members reside in Diamondhead. There were several responses from the incumbents expressing all POA were property owners. This wasn’t satisfying and had no indication of Diamondhead residency or domicile. Did not the recent POA general manager reside in Gulfport MS? I’m fairly new to the area and still attempting to understand the POA’s relationship to the city government.

Elena Weber
    Participant

This year, lets take the city back and vote in non-incumbants, they have sold the citizens out. Next year the POA.

barber1980

Tom you should run for POA. I believe we could get you elected. Just saying!!!!

TomLaird

Russell,
    I am realy not the country club type,,,,,,, I can’t see when I walk with my nose in the air!!!

Tom

KenFromDMHD
    Participant

Not too much wrong with the Covenants. Problem is the developer sees to it that he does not have to comply with them. Has it set up where he can vote lots in elections without paying dues or and/or taxes. Maybe we can simply Resind all elections influenced by this sort of menace. As for an MS-Attorney General investigation of the Diamondhead POA. Maybe we should give the new city council a shot at this instead of someone we all vote against. Another covenant issue pertains to lots known to go 10 to 30 feet underwater during major hurricanes. Do we bash the developer who sold the lots ? Do we bash the POA who collects dues on those lots? or do we bash the slab owners who don’t trim around their slabs after the storm ? And do our covenants call for goon squads like we saw in the post Katrina Witch Hunts.

DJM

Tom Laird for President!

lisal

Ken,

I have to disagree with your statement on the POA Covenants. They were written back in1970,72 and since then there has been state and federal laws that make them obsolete. Take a look at the City laws vs POA, big difference. At least the new city is more up to date then POA. the POA reminds me of being back in the olden dictatorship days. I would love to see a state auditor or attorney general visit the POA.

My biggest gripe with the POA, is wh gives them the right to change rules without the vote pf the members?? Take a look at last weekend, do you think that everyone who had a garage sale paid their stupid new $40 fee? I sure would not I think it is illegal how they did that rule. (Just my opinion)!

lisal

Ken,

I have to disagree with your statement on the POA Covenants. They were written back in1970,72 and since then there has been state and federal laws that make them obsolete. Take a look at the City laws vs POA, big difference. At least the new city is more up to date then POA. the POA reminds me of being back in the olden dictatorship days. I would love to see a state auditor or attorney general visit the POA.

My biggest gripe with the POA, is wh gives them the right to change rules without the vote pf the members?? Take a look at last weekend, do you think that everyone who had a garage sale paid their stupid new $40 fee? I sure would not I think it is illegal how they did that rule. (Just my opinion)!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.