Contractors and Services

This topic contains 4 replies, has 151 voices, and was last updated by  prhode 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

prhode

I was wondering if anyone that has had major house repairs done could or would recommend a contractor. I am in need of some work to be done to my home and am very leery of the contractors in this area after all of the Katrina problems. I have spoken with a couple of contractors and have made appointments for a consultation and an estimate and they never show up. So I am thinking that if I cannot get them here to get the job then they will probably not show up to do the job.

The work needs to be done but I am looking for a reputable contractor that does not see the Diamondhead address that cause dollar signs to flash in his eyes. I want a reputable contractor who will do a professional job. I am willing to pay for quality work but do not wish to be taken advantage of because I live in DH or because I am a divorced woman with no construction experience. If anyone out there knows of anyone please send me a name and number. You can email me personally at rhode@bellsouth.net if you would prefer to not “post” their information.

wayne king
    Participant

A reccomendation for a contractor depends on what work you want done. In any case pay no money until the work is done. Be careful of several of the hanger on’s that do work here in Diamondhead.

wayne king
    Participant

I forgot, get a price for the completed job, I do not reccomend getting work done for a “by the hour charge” unless you know the individual very, very well, and have a good history of satisfactory work.

Anonymous

May I suggest the Diamondhead Community Telephone Directory (http://www.dhpd.com) . It contains listings of longtime contractors that have worked in Diamondhead for years.

prhode

Thanks for the tips, I will keep looking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.