Could you help?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 279 voices, and was last updated by  Mpujals 12 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mpujals

My name is Sara Ilia Maya, and I am a 6th grade student at Hancock Middle School in the Kiln, Ms. I was recently recommended and accepted to participate as a member of the People to People World Leadership Forum in Washington, D.C., next spring. The objective of the program is to develop leadership skills among America’s youth while exploring defining moments in American history. The 7-day experience includes discussing leadership in action at such venues as Capitol Hill, Gettysburg, and Colonial Williamsburg.

I am currently seeking financial sponsors to help me with tuition, and hope I can count on your support. In case you haven’t heard of People to People, please allow me to share some history with you. President Dwight D. Eisenhower founded the organization in 1956. He believed that if people from different cultures could come together in peace and friendship, so eventually would countries. Since its founding, People to People has launched many international programs, including Sister Cities, Project HOPE and Pen Pals.

People to People student leaders are recommended and evaluated before their acceptance and I am honored to have been selected. Personally, I am looking forward to learning about how our Presidents helped shape the United States. Upon my return, I plan to share my experience with my school and civic clubs in our community. As student leader, I can also earn high school credit because of the many educational elements in my program.

The program tuition is $2274 per child, which includes on site transportation, accommodations, meals and educational activities. I am asking contributors to donate what ever amount they can to help us reach our goal. If it possible for you to assist us by making a contribution? Any amount of contribution would be appreciated. I will inform my contributors of my experience upon returning from my trip.

My first program tuition is due in November 2005. Checks may be made payable to People to People and mailed to me at 7729 Moanalua Way, Diamondhead, Ms. 39525 or you may deposit directly to my People to People Account Number 013701905 at Hancock Bank in care of my mother Madeleine Maya. Your generous contribution would enable us to share in this wonderful opportunity. Thank you in advance for your gracious consideration and support. Please feel free to contact me at (228) 586-0671 if you need more information.

Sincerely yours,

Sara Ilia Maya

Student Leader

Anonymous

I will send a check when I get paid on the last of the month. Congratulations and Good Luck!

MARC MASEMAN

tell your parents to get off their lazy asses and get 2 more jobs each. then you will not have to beg or be supported by hard working taxpayers.

MARC MASEMAN

p.s.

when I was 4 yrs old, I was picking cherries in Michigan, picking tomatoes in Ruskin, eating Mullet and poke’ n’ beans, saving money to go to college so I would become educated. I never used the internet to beg for money, whether fraudulent or genuine. I am assuming you are over the age of 4, so get a *##!*(# job!

MARC MASEMAN

Get over it, child. We, here in Diamondhead, are used to fraudulent appeals. We are mostly either hard working families, retired, or just surviving. So, you, as a crawl through the pipe Central American, must make your own way as true American or continue to collect welfare and be an Ethnic.

sallysunrise

Apparently Marc you did not get the proper education and are quite bitter, sad you feel you need to take it out on a child! Grow up, if you did not want to contribute in a positive way, stay off this post! This happens to be a great program for student, and a great avenue for her to take in obtaining sponsorships. I hope she get’s the chance to go on this once in a life time trip.

Mpujals

You are so kind!!! God Bless you!!!

Is there any way SARA and I may personally come and thank you? You can give us your Telephone number or address if you rather us not do it personally.

May GOD Bless you always. Thank you so much for your generousity!!!

Madeleine

Mpujals

Dear Sally,

I want to thank you for your support. SARA is a very bright and deserving child. I tried to write you earlier and lost my email. Sorry about that.

My intentions in sending the letter of request was to get advice on how to get sponsorships and contributions which can be tax deductible. Never thought that I could offend anyone by doing so.

I really appreciate your support.

God Bless You!

Thanks so much, Madeleine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.