COVENANTS EXPIRE 2020 MEANS NO MORE DUES

Home Forums Diamondhead Mississippi General Discussion General Topics of Interest COVENANTS EXPIRE 2020 MEANS NO MORE DUES

This topic contains 53 replies, has 4,330 voices, and was last updated by  RogerSmith 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

RogerSmith

Can anyone confirm this? Many are saying that when the covenants expire in June of 2020 we will no longer have to pay poa dues. (With the exception of Glen Eagle) Efforts to modify the poa may take longer than the 5 years it will take for the covenants to expire. Why is it nobody has an answer to this vital question? People are busy with work and family. Not everyone in this city forced to pay poa dues is retired. All the average working person cares about is low or no dues and no more paying for a small group of subsidized golfers and a so-called “country club” with 2 subsidized restaurants.

vsimons
    Participant

Roger, Call the POA office and request a copy of the latest COVENANT RENEWAL REPORT done using our dues money under Kyger’s reign as President. Also, ask POA staff for a copy of the 2009 report done by Lloyd Ramirez (an appointed “AGENT OF THE CORPORATION”) “to prepare for …. POSSIBLE EXPIRY” of the Covenants. These reports were done with OUR dues used for legal opinions. ALL MEMBERS “of the Corporation” should be entitled to have copies of these reports, which contain interesting recommendations and strategies that may be used to EXTEND the Covenants…. “If resident consent fails”…
    IF you can get copies of both (or even one) of these POA documents, you will likely be amazed at the misinformation spread here to keep us ignorant. WHY can’t Members have copies of these “Covenant Renewal” documents? Call our General Manager requesting copies of these reports. He just said in his monthly column (Feb. DH News, p. 2) …”we have set goals to enhance customer service. The first step is to improve communication between members and staff.”
    255-1900, ext. 121.

Evidently, there are (besides Purcell) various parcels of land that are somehow “exempt” from POA dues. Ask for a list and ask for an explanation of WHY owners of these parcels are not paying dues like the rest of us.

IrishPat

GM dinglefritz Mark Boyd? I won’t dignify that guy with a call. He already said he laughs at us the people who pay his salary I have asked the POA office for this renewal study we paid for. Radio silence. Completely ignored me. In 2020 the golfers will not be able to con people into renewing the covenants and paying dues. I’ll be lmao while the golfers and country club patrons try to pay their own bills for a change. In June of 2020 they will finally be forced to run the golf courses and CC like any other business in any other city. I think Nothing that they can do will get the people of this city to renew covenats and pay dues once they finally expire. The who golf and “country club” operation is a scam. Think about it. Kyger hired purcell connected HMS. Then when the purcell connected HMS golf contract expires wouldn’t you think we’d get rid of HMS. Considering how much money HMS has lost for us on golf and CC. Instead Kyger and his director cronies argue that we must rehire HMS as fast as possible. I think HMS is not only purcell connected but I think Kyger has his finger in that pie too. I’ve never lived anywhere so controlled by one man. Kyger and purcell have their fingers in every pie in this city. It’s sickening. June 2020 and no more poa dues can’t come soon enough.

Editor

downing4543

The way I read that report is that we will still be required to pay the dues. Did miss some thing or is that the general jist of it? Also did every body else get payment of dues sheet. I never wrote down the address so I did not pay any POA dues this year. Should I be concerned?

Tee Time

Huh? Your payment is 2 months past due. POA dues bills went out December 14, 2014. The bills always go out in December. If your electric bill was (wink wink) “lost” by you or someone in your house would you think you don’t have to pay it? All property owners pay POA dues. The annual discounted rate everyone must pay is $745.00. Mail your payment to Diamondhead POA P.O. Box 30502 Tampa FL 33630

pdutton

Poorest Tee Time. Has no idea what he’s talking about. As usual.

If you wanted the discount from paying in full, the deadline was Jan. 31 though I’m guessing that if you contact the POA office they would be happy enough to accept it a few days late in order to get it up front. If you want to pay monthly, neither the letter sent out nor the annual brochure on fees states a due date. One can assume, I would guess, that end of month is it, so you’ve missed the January payment by 5 days, not two months.

Tee Time’s math is shaky, golfers. Fair warning if you play with him!

I forsee an ugly fight in court over this issue when this is said:

A. EVEN IF THE COVENANTS EXPIRE, THE POA POSSESSES SUFFICIENT AUTHORITY TO MAINTAIN DUES COLLECTIONS AND TO ENFORCE ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL.

This is based on existing Mississippi Statutes and Case Law, the existing POA Charter, POA Bylaws, and POA Rules & Regulations.

What f-ing Case Law? This is the reason we will have to go to court. Hate it, but it appears that way.

Squaredeal

Tee Time is a joke..he hasn’t a clue as to what’s going on around him.Typical golfer.nothing to do but come in here and make jokes, to me, golfers are jokes.

RogerSmith

Editor – 2015-02-05 11:35 AM
    May we be of assistance?

http://www.diamondheadnews.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=1647&z=49

Thank you. For lack of a better way of saying this all I can say is that The wording on that sounds sneaky. covert. As if they want to dupe us into renewing the covenants. The way we were duped into incorporation.

If we own the poa then this behind the scenes stuff that Rameriz kyger Harvey and the minority in control of the poa do should be out in the open. Im starting to think Rameriz the architect of incorporation golfer and poa bigshot is the devil incarnate.

RogerSmith

Thank you. For lack of a better way of saying this all I can say is that The wording on that sounds sneaky. covert. As if they want to dupe us into renewing the covenants. The way we were duped into incorporation.

If we own the poa then this behind the scenes stuff that Rameriz kyger Harvey and the minority in control of the poa do should be out in the open. Im starting to think Rameriz the architect of incorporation golfer and poa bigshot is the devil incarnate. We don’t want a poa on top of a city and widows forced to pay for 198 cheap golfers.

RogerSmith

jameslynnmartin – 2015-02-05 6:14 PM I forsee an ugly fight in court over this issue when this is said: A. EVEN IF THE COVENANTS EXPIRE, THE POA POSSESSES SUFFICIENT AUTHORITY TO MAINTAIN DUES COLLECTIONS AND TO ENFORCE ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL. This is based on existing Mississippi Statutes and Case Law, the existing POA Charter, POA Bylaws, and POA Rules & Regulations. What f-ing Case Law? This is the reason we will have to go to court. Hate it, but it appears that way.

The corrupt poa has been sued more tries than I can count. Still you are right. We need a class action suit pointing out all their violations of law jameslynnmartin.

Squaredeal

I agree with that Roger.

Editor

Unfortunately, the state of Mississippi does not recognize class actions.

Steve
    Participant

I can’t believe our dues money goes to paying lawyers who come up with such convoluted strategies on how to force us to pay dues forever. Don’t most of theses common interest communities started by developers eventually grow too large so that when enough years have passed the home owners can be free of dues? Can they just keep increasing dues forever until everyone moves from the City of Diamondhead?

There is something that sounds somewhat contradictory in that document above that former POA director L. Ramirez had our lawyers write.

It says “EVEN IF THE COVENANTS EXPIRE, THE POA POSSESSES SUFFICIENT AUTHORITY TO MAINTAIN DUES COLLECTIONS AND TO ENFORCE ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL.
    This is based on existing Mississippi Statutes and Case Law, the existing POA Charter, POA Bylaws, and POA Rules & Regulations. “

Then it seems to contradict and say they need to modify the bylaws to “clarify” the control and dues collecting authority the poa has on us.

“B. SOME MODIFICATION TO THE BYLAWS AND TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED TO CLARIFY THE POA AUTHORITY.
    …………….. in the 2016 time frame, have legal council obtain a thorough and complete review of the applicable Mississippi Laws. If the laws have not changed, simply allow the Covenants to expire over the next 13 or so years.
    an the other hand, if the laws have changed to prohibit dues collection and/or architectural control under the Bylaws of the Corporation, then proceed with trying to obtain approval of residents to amend the Covenants by extending them using the amending provision as outlined in the following:.
    ………………….. These near term recommended actions, namely to add two amendments to the Bylaws and to add Covenant provisions (UACD) to the Rules and Regulations, combine a relatively simple approach with a reasonably high probability of success to be able to retain, over the long term, dues collection and architectural control authority in the absence of any Covenants.”

If the poa’s authority to collect and even increase dues on the people of this city in within their authority forever than why would any sane person buy property here?

I must note that Craig Harvey a kyger klone who controls 8 votes along with kyger. If I heard correctly at one “open” poa meeting “pop her in the nose Harvey” mentioned that dues will have to go up next time they vote on dues. So if they can increase dues forever then nobody will buy a house here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.