DCA Meeting held on April 10, 2013

Home Forums Diamondhead Clubs and Organizations Diamondhead Community Association DCA Meeting held on April 10, 2013

This topic contains 29 replies, has 843 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Editor

DCA Restricts Access to Their Forum

Surprise $5.00 fee and relegation to the back of the room for videos have left some people less than impressed and wondering who is running this organization.
    Many left without attended when they learned of the entrance fee.

jaffep

That was UNREAL! To have to pay to see your choices on candidates! I knew many who also did not attend for that reason. The Hancock County Women’s Republican forum was done properly! Only problem was held in the morning when most are at work…they did NOT charge to hear them speak…only asked for donations that went to the food pantry. Folks should be mad as all about this…how are we supposed to get to know who to vote for if we can’t hear them for FREE! In my opinion this favors the incumbents…HOWEVER…I feel most folks will NOT VOTE for them exactly for this reason!

TomLaird

Seems a lot of things occur in back rooms.What was the fee for? And was there no live engagement? Mr Alfonso were you there?

Editor

No, we sent our reporter to video the proceedings. She was charged the $5.00 as the Sea Coast Echo reporter was not charged. He was given free range of the proceeding and allowed to photograph anything he desired, our reporter was restricted t to the back of the room. We understand a candidate had an issue with our videoing his presentation. We are working on the story.

joe lopez

Jaffep,
    My name is Joseph Lopez.I am a candidate for 1st Ward Councilman.There seemed to be many upset people at the town hall candidate forum last night,my wife and I included.The people deserve to hear the candidates in an open forum that should be free of charge.The forum could have been held at City Hall with no cover charge….after all the citizens of Diamonhead already pay $22,220 per mounth for that facility in our over inflated city property taxes. The cost of the new city for you and I, and everyone who lives in Diamondhead is extremly to expensive as it is,and now a cover charge to have to listen to our (self appointed) mayor and council,and their opponents is almost criminal. I urge you and anyone else to call city hall @ 228-222-4390 and complain.
    Joe Lopez

jaffep

UNREAL…you have got to be kidding…this is just one bad joke sadly on the residents of Diamondhead…now we can’t even get equal reporting! That group should be ashamed of themselves!

TomLaird

Maybe it should have been posted on our new flashing signs,,,,”Come hear and see the candidates on video only $5.00 per person and a hour wait in line and enjoy the nice back of the room decor”. Darn I wish I could have been there.

joe lopez

Hello all, Joe Lopez here. I mistakenly put the fax # to the city instead of the phone #……my apologies.
    228-222-4626……please call and complain,it is the only recoarse we have.
    Thank you

jaffep

LOVE it! This is the best yet! At least you are making me laugh…since this is really one horrible thing!
    Thank you.

K.Freeman

My issue is that we are all members of the POA and I was told the money went to pay for the room they used for the forum. If we are all members and pay dues that fund the country club why should the organization running forum for us, be charged if we all already pay for the room in our dues?

jaffep

Thank you! WOW…you are not in my ward, but in our friends ward. I will most definitely urge them to vote for you! You are very active as I have been watching. We need dedicated folks…very refreshing!

jaffep

EXACTLY!

TomLaird

More like a crying shame. Next time they need to put up a big tent call it the Big Top and ,,,,send in the ,,,,,clowns!

mamad
    Participant

It’s bad that the POA had to charge the Diamondhead Community Association $100.00 for use of the ballroom. In my opinion if there had to be a charge the candidates should have put up the money! My understanding is that there will be another $5.00 charge for the future forums. Such a circus!

jaffep

Yes, the plan to charge for all three of them! NO…the person said it exactly correct…WE PAY DUES…why for this type of event shouldn’t it be FREE! No charge to rent the room at all! This is ridiculous! The Hancock County Women’s Republicans did it without charging folks! What is it with this DCA!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.