Debate

This topic contains 54 replies, has 893 voices, and was last updated by  taylorbd 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

taylorbd

Does anyone know if the debate is still on for tonight?

mrg15968

I had full intentions to go tonight but volunteered for the first DH Volcanoes swim team meet. How did it go? Was it recorded, and if so, will it be posted online for viewing?

Editor

Mr. Schafer decided it was more important to be in Jackson thant to answer questions from the people he intends to serve. We wil post it to the Diamondhead Channel on Youtube sometime tomorrow.

dpalisi

Tommy figures he has it wrapped up and is showing his arrogant side to all of us. This site seems awful quiet now as well. Seems all some people wanted was to get rid of Chuck and now smooth sailing. Is this what we can expect from a Schafer regime? I would think a vote for the “Other Guy” would be in order. Mr. Fletcher did not attend earlier forums for it was not his time. He was on NO ballots. Now that he is, he has calle Doug Schafer and Tommy and his puppet masters are too busy for We The People. We need to lget out and Rock The Vote!! Yes I am a former MTV original viewer.

mrg15968

There is nothing i despise more than an arrogant politician! I learned long ago that if a person won’t speak to you, he/she has something to hide. I am throwing my hat in the ring for Mr. Fletcher and will do everything I can to help him win.

rohboat
    Participant

Don’t jump to conclusions. For me tp buy into this story I would have to see just how this sudden alliance would help Schafer win the election.
    What I find really interesting is the intense concern by Mr. Palasi. He reacts as if he has deeply offended. Give me a break Dominic.

rohboat
    Participant

This gets curiouser and curiouser as the comments come in. Most will agree that Rose has been a problem and has substantially contributed to Diamondhead’s economic problems. So the hint that Shafer has changed his position with respect to Rose gives rise to the need to change horses in mid stream even though Shafer has not given confirmation of his position.
    What is really interesting here is that Mr. Fletcher in a pathetic performance at the debate made known some conflicts of his own. He was questioned about how Mr. Rose would fit into his administration. He hemmed and hawed eventually saying maybe Rose could do a really good job. How he could possibly reconcile this statement with his adamant opposition to the city hall boon doggle is somewhat of a mystery. After hearing how the civil air patrol and an extra lane on I-10 might be points of interest I felt compelled to make an early exit.

Elena Weber
    Participant

He didn’t show up, because he didn’t want to answer questions about the POA and his recent change on Rose. Have heard little or nothing from him since the primary. Since then he has disapeared.

Squaredeal

I believe it is a certain thing that we all better rethink our votes for Tommy..I am going with my knowledge gained over the years, and my instinct and vote for the best man…John Fletcher.

TomLaird

I had to miss the debate last night which I guess wasn’t a debate afterall, what a shame. I hope Tommy does come forward and explain why he wasn’t there. If not we can read into it whatever conclusions may draw. Maybe after last night DH News should have another poll. Since I was not in attendence does anyone have a feel in regard to the number of folks that were there? And did Tommy alert his people ahead of time so they wouldn’t waste their time so their numbers didn’t show up.

TomLaird

I had to miss the debate last night which I guess wasn’t a debate afterall, what a shame. I hope Tommy does come forward and explain why he wasn’t there. If not we can read into it whatever conclusions may draw. Maybe after last night DH News should have another poll. Since I was not in attendence does anyone have a feel in regard to the number of folks that were there? And did Tommy alert his people ahead of time so they wouldn’t waste their time so their numbers didn’t show up.

Squaredeal

I think you hit on some valid points there Elena

teled

I was at the so-called debate last night and not sure what was more embarrassing-the low turnout or the NO SHOW by Mr Schafer.I also find it very interesting that NOTHING has been heard from Mr Schafer since the primary. If this man does not think it is important to answer questions from the people he intends to serve it simply shows me he does NOT have any interest in our concerns! Seems like he is in this only for HIMSELF! Guess he figures he has this in the bag. Hope voters remember this when at the polls. SO SAD

Squaredeal

There will be many more with you.

barber1980

Tom, the date was set and the advertisement was being posted on this site 2 days prior to Mr Schafer being invited to participate. I actually spoke to him the Tuesday of the Ward 2 &3 runoff. Tommy had just sent an email letting the host of the Debate know he would be out of town. This was 3 weeks prior to the date. Knowing this 3 weeks ahead, the host never informed THE PEOPLE that one of the participants would not be in attendance. WOW WHAT A SET UP!!!!!!

Kinda like a school yard fight. I tell everyone I called you out to a fight at 3:00 (but I really didn’t). Everyone shows up to see the fight but you dont show. Now your the CHICKEN.

This was a very smart last minute political move. Tommy has been to several Q&A forums. Not much has changed in the past 2 months. I cant think of anymore questions for him. I am however glad Mr. Fletcher was able to make the forum so THE PEOPLE could question him.

Also now there is also this new found “friendship” with Richard Rose that the opposition has made up based on what real info? Here say? Well back to the school yard we go . “Hey, Tom little Johnny said you have CUDDIES”. So now you have cuddies based on here say!

New Orleans style politics at BEST.
    IT JUST UPSETS ME THAT UPSTANDING PEOPLE ARE FALLING FOR THE PROPAGANDA.

I have no reason to lie or make things up. Those how know me know I shoot straight. No agenda here, I just hate dirty politics.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.