Don Kraemer's Law Practice Scandal

This topic contains 15 replies, has 355 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Editor

All comments concerning the outgoing POA president Donald J. Kraemer’s sex scandal and subsquent suspension of his law license are welcome here.

Barbara

Isn’t his name Donald, not Fred???

joesgirl484

If this were a real journalistic endeavor, wouldnt we have heard about this before he became the outgoing president? The airing of dirty laundry such as this, at this stage of his presidency, likens this news source to little more than an online gossiping sewing circle. How about posting the results of the recent election? Or stories about issues that the POA is doing nothing about, like ignoring abandoned homes still standing and rotting nearly 3 years after Katrina? How about some real information about the real estate market in Diamondhead? Or please tell about this group of people (absolutely unknown to this pre-Katrina Diamondhead resident) who appointed themselves Mayor and City council of Diamondhead–without an election–if incorporation passed? What Diamondhead needs is less petty, catty, clique-ey behavior and more rational realism.

Summer

It make take sometime, but your past will catch up with you. Maybe the candidates should have a back ground check done on them before the elections.

As far as any group that wants to be mayor and city council, they might have a real fight on their hands.

Pennyedwards

Maybe these facts should have come to life before he was elected two years ago.

Editor

You are correct. Sorry for the typo.

Anonymous

I find it more than a bit strange that any woman would be defending an individual like this in this type of situation. I myself was placed in almost the same situation when I was going through my divorce. I found it disgusting that a lawyer in his position would try to take advantage of me. He was fully aware that I was coming out of an abusive relationship and yet still he would pursue the avenue of a threat of non representation if I didn’t comply with his wishes. Needless to say I found another attorney. I would hope that any person in a situation such as this where sexual harrasement comes into play would have enough courage to stand up and report it.

Editor

Ms Calantoni,

I find your comment concerning our journalistic integrity highly disingenuous. Anyone who equates a state Supreme Court finding of sexual harassment, forgery and legal neglect on the part of a practicing attorney as merely âpetty, catty, clique-ey behaviorâ is hardly qualified to pass judgment as to what constitutes a journalist endeavor.

This is 2008 and, if you are reading this, you are utilizing a technology that has made possible a new form of journalism. We provide this technology at no cost to you madam, a platform for all property owners of Diamondhead to participate, ask questions and report items of interest to the community. As a concerned property owner why didnât you investigate this man? As candidate running for president of a multi-million dollar corporation that you have a vested interest in by way of your home, did you not have the obligation to find out who he was? Or do you want someone to do it for you? If you do, we will be glad to take the job. Get out your check book and we will tell you when to stop adding zeros. If you donât like that idea, you are more than welcome to continue to use our technology and report, comment and opine on any subject you deem fit, still at no charge.

I would like to remind you, Mr. Kraemer is still a member of the board of directors of the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association, Inc. and will remain as such for the next two years making this information timely and relevant.
    Finally, Mr. Kraemer and his friends have made a concerted effort to stop us, the Bay Jourdan Publishing Company, from ever finding out the truth about their backgrounds. They have spent your money, by way of POA dues, to file ridiculous lawsuits against us for the sole purpose of draining our resources and keeping you in the dark.

joesgirl484

I think your response, and that of the associate editor, only further supports my assertion. You do realize this, right?

Summer

Since we have a register for sex offenders, maybe we need one for perverts. Just a thought.

Mr. Alfonso, the POA wants to shut your web site down and they have spent a lot of our money/dues in law suits. (Public records.)

I think bashing this web site is petty. Without this web site, the POA would keep us where they want us, in the dark 24/7.

Mr. Kraemer should resign and yes this is relevant.

wayne king
    Participant

When the source of your candidates is a selective exclusive,social activity, special interest association, or self centered group and not a political or civic association publicly trying to field the most qualified candidate, selecting their representative thru open public competetive means with detailed screening, this is the type of AWW S- – t you come up with. Remember, it only takes one of these to wipe out 10 ATTA BOYS. Unfortunately the imposeing blowhards are alive and well controlling many other functionary activities in Diamondhead so a repeat is quite possible but hopefully improbable.

Summer

Good post!

Diamondhead and the good people here deserve better than what we have had in the past for a POA President. When we all vote, we should remember this is not a popularity contest. I would like to see all of the POA Board replaced with some new and smarter blood.

Does it bother anyone that our financial statements are staying in red ink? It should. Maybe the POA President and the Board should work
    to fix these problems without going up on our dues.

Does anyone know the salaries that we pay the employees?

Why would anyone want to incorporate Diamondhead, if we have to maintain the streets?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Anonymous

joesgirl484,

You took a shot at the messenger and missed him by a mile.

Eags753

Joesgirl484,

How much more realism would you like? It is reported here that we had an elected president, who now serves on the Board for another two years, who was judged by his peers (State Supreme Court) and whose conduct was found to be dishonest, unprofessional and violated several ethical standards of conduct in his home state. If this report is accurate, and I believe it is, then obviously this person has a serious character flaw and it certainly is not in the best interest of the community for him to continue to serve. This revelation causes me to believe several stories I have personal heard about this gentlemen’s conduct in the past. An investigation should be started by the board and if the information is correct the board should issue a vote of no confidence in this individual and request a resignation. It may not be pleasant for some members of the board but is absolutely necessary. The new board has an opportunity to earn the respect and confidence of the Diamondhead residents by simply doing the right thing. Lets hope they do.

Editor

You obviously have a very subjective view of the word âjournalismâ.

Wikipedia defines journalism thusly:
    Journalism is a style of writing or communicating, formally employed by publications and broadcasters, for the benefit of a particular community of people. The writer or journalist is expected to take the help of facts in describing events, ideas, or issues that are relevant to the public. Journalists (also known as news analysts, reporters, and correspondents) gather information, and broadcast it so we remain informed about local, state, national, and international events. They can also present their points of view on current issues and report on the actions of the government, public officials, corporate executives, interest groups, media houses, and those who hold social power or authority.
    In journalism, a story
    refers to a single article, news item or feature. A story is usually relevant to a single event, issue, theme, or profile of a person. Stories are usually inspired through news pegs (the central premise of the story). Correspondents report on news occurring in the main, locally, from their own country, or from foreign cities where they are stationed.
    Today, most reporters
    are written by random staff members, through information collected and submitted by other reporters who are out on the field gathering information for an event that has just occurred and needs to be broadcast instantly. Radio and television reporters often compose stories and report "live" from the scene. Some journalists also interpret the news or offer opinions and analysis to readers, viewers, or listeners. In this role, they are called commentators or columnists.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism

I rest my case.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.