From a subvet friend in our nation's capital~

Home Forums Diamondhead Clubs and Organizations American Legion Post 139 From a subvet friend in our nation's capital~

This topic contains 1 reply, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  LegionPost139 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Nina Swink adds…..
    On the ABC evening news, it was reported tonight that, because of the dangers from Hurricane Isabel approaching Washington DC, the military members assigned the duty of guarding the
    Tomb of the Unkown Soldier were given permission to suspend the assignment. They refused. “No way, Sir!”
    Soaked to the skin, marching in the pelting rain of a tropical storm, they said that guarding the Tomb was not just an assignment, it was the highest honor that can be afforded to a service person. The tomb has been patrolled continuously, 24/7, since 1930.
    Addition to this e-mail : I saw an interview on Fox News Channel with the Commander of the soldiers who guard the Tomb of the unknown. He took the shift when Isabel was unleashing
    her fury, cause he did not want to ask any of his men to do this – he felt it was his highest honor
    to be on duty during that time.
    Very, very proud of our persons in uniform!!!!!!

Anonymous

Proud…So am I. Including my brother. I just wish they weren’t dying.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.