Getting the "Books" in order,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 214 voices, and was last updated by  wayne king 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wayne king
    Participant

It is my understanding that the Golf “Marshall’s”, Cart barn workers and many other POA employees play “FREE” Golf. Keep in mind the amount that a “Golf” membership cost shouldn”t these “Free” golfers be given a IRS 1099 for their free Golf concession if its over 600 dollars. I”M sure many earn their concessions, however I also believe some just abuse the concession and provide minimal time and effort to get the “Free” stuff. Has the POA requested a ruling from the IRS? It would remove all problems and get a proper input on the cost to provide golf and income from it if they were paid by the hour and charged the appropriate fee for their golf. I would hate to see the IRS come in and audit the POA books and try and find out what a round of golf cost. Heck, if the fee is low enough all players may need a 1099 if they play a lot of golf. “Goods and Services” can be interpreted many ways. To the IRS they are just reimbursements, nothing given to an employee or user is “Free” from the Tax bill.

wayne king
    Participant

An item deserving of investigating and revision is the practice of giving credits at the pro shop for prizes at golf tournaments ect. These credits should have expiration dates where they are utilized in a timely manner and not held for when merchandise is reduced to cost clearance levels, the result of this is the POA membership has to pay for the amount of the credit. The PRO shop credit practice is a veiled process to pass cost off on the POA Membership and should be abolished. The merchandise for prizes should be paid for in advance by what ever group or individuals that are participating in the tourney and claimed in a short designated time period.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.