GM Collard and President Johnson Resign

Home Forums Diamondhead Government Diamondhead Water & Sewer District GM Collard and President Johnson Resign

This topic contains 15 replies, has 475 voices, and was last updated by  vsimons 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

vsimons
    Participant

“Diamondhead Water and Sewer General Michael Collard and DWSD Board President Charles Johnson both tendered resignations Thursday (Feb. 12) amid a growing controversy….”

The “…resignations come on the heels of the appointment of Diamondhead Mayor Tommy Schafer and Dick Nolan to the DWSD board…”

…. According to DH Mayor Tommy Schafer: “There are both capital and operational issues. We have all of these projects going on and WE ALSO HAVE VERY HIGH CUSTOMER RATES (emphasis added). I don’t know if the one-and-a-half percent increase every year is going to sustain our operations.”

Squaredeal

Hmmmm, makes one wonder, does it not?

pdutton

UPDATE:

DIAMONDHEAD WATER & SEWER DISTRICT ISSUES “STOP WORK” ORDER FOR NEW $4 MILLION ADMINISTRATION BUILDING PROJECT.

See story tomorrow in Sea Coast Echo.

News Update Courtesy of Alliance for a Better Community Members

vsimons
    Participant

Diamondhead water board halts work on administrative facility
    Feb 17, 2015, 18:28.

READ MORE:
    http://www.seacoastecho.com/article_8597.shtml#.VOPzKCx841p

What a tangled web: “…dirt from the embattled… dirt pit in Kiln…”
    (It makes one wonder if maybe there’s more dirt from iffy sources involved in major projects being pushed by OTHER DH agencies.)

benmike60

pdutton

Very good news! Good time to notify supervisors that you support the investigation:

District 1- David Yarborough: 228-493-3750 (did not provide e-mail address)
    District 2- Kenny Hoda: 228-697-9708 (did not provide e-mail address)
    District 3 – Lisa Cowand: 228-216-0506 (llcowand@gmail.com)
    District 4 – Steve Seymour: 228-493-8085 (steveseymour@att.net)
    District 5 – Tony Ladner: 228-669-7031 (tonyladner@co.hancock.ms.us)

vsimons
    Participant

Mike, Doesn’t that Supervisor who is “calling for an investigation” have big contracts with the City and interesting doings with a felon recently convicted in the DMR scandal?

http://slabbed.org/2014/10/15/in-case-youve-been-wondering-where-your-supervisor-has-been/

The tangled web just keeps growing.

Squaredeal

It would be a good thing to have the “Fire Dept” audited and investigated, also..their payroll is almost as much as their intake was for the year..How in the world, can you take in 1,338,000 and spend 1,234,000 on salaries?..Obviously, some folks are making as much as Obama.
    Certainly, the water co. is crooked considering the extreme price we pay for water, and Garbage pickup went out of sight too..I believe all of Hancock Co. is crooked.

benmike60

He was tied to Scott Walker who was arrested for the DMR debacle. Seymore and Walker are suing a Texas attorney for sending cases to Texas for the BP oils spill, they were suppose to get like 10% or 20% for kickbacks, but the Texas attorney never did pay up.

barber1980

It is time for some of the old long time supervisors to go. We have never been properly represented by our supervisor Lisa Cowand. She lives in the Bay and only worries about the Bay. I am so glad that Blaine LaFontaine has decided to run against her. Maybe Diamondhead will have some voice on this board. I also believe that our other supervisor for part of Diamondhead , Tony Wayne Ladner, has at least kept our opinion in mind when voting on Diamondhead relevant issues. I would definitely like to see him remain in the board if supervisors.

Squaredeal

I have heard she is a good friend of the illegal fire dept here in DH.

FortunateOne

You could say she gave birth and nurtured it. The only way you could get selected to the commission was by bowing to Cowand no matter what your credentials.

MCO

I think Lisa Cowand is a great supervisor who responsibly works towards improvements in the county and Diamondhead. She has always handled issues promptly. She has demonstrated leadership and engagement in the work of the county. It is not just a job title! I can’t believe anyone would vote for any of our current DIamondhead council folks to represent us on any topic

MCO

Clarifications: most of our council should not be re-elected. Hopefully, the will have the wisdom not to run again.

FortunateOne

MCO – 2015-02-20 5:13 AM I think Lisa Cowand is a great supervisor who responsibly works towards improvements in the county and Diamondhead. She has always handled issues promptly. She has demonstrated leadership and engagement in the work of the county. It is not just a job title! I can’t believe anyone would vote for any of our current DIamondhead council folks to represent us on any topic

âand Santa Claus will bring all good boys and girl toys on Christmas Eve.

You must be a Diamondhead fireman.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.