Harassed by Diamondhead Police

Home Forums Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Assoc Security Harassed by Diamondhead Police

This topic contains 12 replies, has 535 voices, and was last updated by  agc409 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

agc409
    Participant

At or about 2145 November 5, my wife and I were departing Park Ten Lanes. We approached the four way stop at Gex Rd, Gex Dr, W Aloha Dr, and Diamondhead Dr (by Subway, Shell, and 21st Century) and came to a stop. A Diamondhead Police Officer was situated southbound at the intersection and I waited for him to proceed, because he was there first, and without a directional I assumed he was going straight through the intersection. He turned right, without a turn signal, passing the drivers side of my vehicle. Being cool outside I had the drivers side window down, and as he passed I asked, “What, even you don’t need to use a turn signal?” He motioned something out his window and I proceeded to turn left towards home.

About 10 seconds later I had headlights in my rearview, and low and behold it was the same Diamondhead Police Officer following less than one car length behind me. I continued home, him close in pursuit, and then pulled into my driveway and honked my disapproval of his tailgating tactics.

He took opportunity to use the first u-turn available and then stopped in front of my house, got out of his car, walked into my driveway with his flashlight in my face, and approached me. He asked if I had a problem. I said yes, “you are supposed to set the example and follow all traffic laws just as I am.” He told me he was guiding an elderly lady to her destination, so I asked if that meant he could violate routine traffic laws. I also told him he was not welcome on my property and that he was trespassing. He flashed his flashlight at my license plate and told me “I will keep an eye on you.” I asked him if that was a threat but he just kept walking.

I asked him his badge number as he walked away; he told me it was 61 but I’m hard pressed to believe him.

If this is what my tax dollars are paying for, I’m opting out. Following the incident I called dispatch and told them I’d like to file a complaint. Heidi told me I’d have to call back during normal business hours tomorrow to speak with Al Herman (she had to ask his official title) and then told me he was Chief of Diamondhead police. She told me, “You voted for him so you should know who he is.” Well, I’m not sure I voted for him but what that had to do with anything I have no idea. So I asked her what I should do if the officer came back to harass me again tonight, should I call this number to have another officer dispatched to the house. She told me, and I quote, because I wrote it down immediately, “Sir, he is a police officer and he is allowed to come onto your property any time he likes.” I find that interesting since I’m pretty sure, even in the small city of Diamondhead, that our 4th Amendment rights are still in effect.

Squaredeal

No one voted for Al Hermann, he was given that job..and no, the Police cannot come on your property without a warrant..that is called trespassing.

Pelican1

Wow this is the untrained cop crap that will drive the city down. The dispatcher has zero training in the law. Big AL should do his job or get another one. Train your dumb cop. Oh yes is was not voted he was a Pro temp

lisal

I don’t know if anyone else has seen this, but they have a new unmarked patrol car. It is white, no markings just the antenna. I have seen this 3 times now.
    And the lights in the back, where did the money for this come from?

dpalisi

Ever notice how we used to ALWAYS see the friendly POA Security trucks cruising the WHOLE of Diamondhead? Not looking to get people, just letting you feel safe? And how our wonderful DHPD cars are seen 98% of the time where HCSO cars used to be—Golf Club Drive, Kapalamla, and the short stretch of Dhead Dr that links Exit 16 with the Back of D’head? And they are “Trying to write tickets”, NOT Serve and Protect.

Squaredeal

If “Big Al” is a cop, I’m a Chinese Aviator.

lisal

I’m not a big fan of POA, but I miss the POA Security. At least if u needed them they would always show up. Since it has gone to HC I know of twice they were called and they never showed up.

Squaredeal

They are really busy fighting crime..at Joe’s, hiding behind bushes to catch criminals while making reports during the middle of the day on personal puters, (wonder how he got wifi?..and all the associated tasks that go with a big time Police Dept Lisa. 😉 😉

AL49

FROM (AL HERMANN) TO SQUAREDEAL

I WOULD LIKE TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AGAIN. EAGS 753 HAD ALMOST ALL HIS INFORMATION CORRECT ON THE I-10 INCIDENT THAT HAD SQUAREDEAL SO UPSET. AND LIKE MOST OF SQUAREDEAL’S POST ONCE AGAIN HE JUMPED TO CONCLUSIONS AND HIS POST WAS WAY OFF BASE AND LACKING FACT. LIKE THE TIME HE ACCUSED A DIAMONDHEAD POLICE OFFICER OF SLEEPING ON THE JOB, AND HIS UNFOUNDED REMARKS ABOUT NOT CATCHING OR KNOWING WHO RAN SOME OF THE MAIL BOXES DOWN IN DIAMONDHEAD. THE GUNS THAT WERE USED BY THE TWO SUBJECTS ON THE INTERSTATE WERE A 12 GA. SHOTGUN AND LIKE EAGS SAID A .380 CALIBER SEMI-AUTO PISTOL.

I PERSONALLY INVITE “SQUAREDEAL” TO VISIT ME AT MY OFFICE LOCATED IN THE DIAMONDHEAD CITY HALL. I WORK FIVE DAYS A WEEK TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY, 0900 TO 1900 HOURS. I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AS TO THE OPERATIONS OF THE DIAMONDHEAD POLICE DEPARTMENT.

I WONDER IF SQUAREDEAL EVEN REPORTED THAT HIS MAIL BOX WAS DAMAGED TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.

SQUAREDEAL HAS INDICATED IN PAST POST THAT HE TOO WAS ONCE A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND IF THAT IS A FACT SHAME ON HIM FOR HIS FALSE ACCUSATIONS AND REPORTING UN-TRUTHS ON THIS WEB SITE.

TO USE A MAIL BOX AS AN INSTRUMENT TO CAUSE BODILY (INJURY) TO A PERSON SHOULD THEY HIT YOUR MAIL BOX, I SAY SHAME ON YOU MR. O’NEAL. WHY WOULD SOMEONE GO OUT OF HIS WAY TO SET A TRAP TO CAUSE SOMEONE TO BE HURT IN AN ACCIDENT?

IT ALMOST APPEARS THAT YOU ARE ON THE VERGE OF STALKING ONE OFFICER BECAUSE OF YOUR “REPORTED SIGHTINGS OF THIS OFFICER AS HE IS DOING HIS DUTIES AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.”
    AGAIN, I PERSONALLY INVITE “SQUAREDEAL” TO VISIT ME AT MY OFFICE LOCATED IN THE DIAMONDHEAD CITY HALL. I WORK FIVE DAYS A WEEK TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY, 0900 TO 1900 HOURS. I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AS TO THE OPERATIONS OF THE DIAMONDHEAD POLICE DEPARTMENT.

HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON JACK,

AL HERMANN
    DIAMONDHEAD RESIDENT FOR MORE THAN 25 YEARS

PS:
    agc409….I did talk to the officer involved in this incident. I would be happy to discuss it with you if you wish.
    Pelican1… I do not train the officers; each officer is trained by a State of Mississippi Training Academy and receives ongoing continuing training throughout their law enforcement career. If you need additional information on this subject please stop by and see me like you have in the past.

lisal….. This was NOT a police officer and the car was the personal property of the person driving it. YOUR Diamondhead Police Department made a case on this person; he went to jail and no longer lives in Diamondhead.

dpalisi… You and I know what this post is about, as an officer of the law I cannot make any other comment. If you want to post and tell what really took place please feel free to do so.

Squaredeal….. “If “Big Al” is a cop, I’m a Chinese Aviator” Well I learn something new every day, I did not know you were “Chinese”. I am still wondering if you were ever a law enforcement officer and you never did show me that picture that you claimed to have taken with your fancy camera. Now I wonder if the camera was mounted on your airplane when you were out flying.

I think squqredeal must be confused; the sign at the Country Club that reads BIG AL is not referring to me. I am just Al Hermann, a police officer trying to do his job. I know it is not possible to make everyone happy in my profession but I do try, and as I am sure you know some people can never be happy because that is just the way they are.

I do not remember doing anything but helping each one of you, if I have offended anyone of you while doing my job I am truly sorry but remember I only enforce the law I do not make the laws.

My door is always open to every citizen of Diamondhead. I WORK FIVE DAYS A WEEK TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY, 0900 TO 1900 HOURS. I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AS TO THE OPERATIONS OF THE DIAMONDHEAD POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Al Hermann

Squaredeal

Mr Hermann, I have nothing confused, nor did I state the officer definitely was sleeping on the job.
    As for the two police vehicles I saw running on 1-10 close to Menge Ave with Blue lights, my concern was that possibly, since Police can utilize radar, and Sheriff’s Deputies CANNOT, that they were out chasing speeders…I merely made the remark, I did not make any accusations as you seem to imply.
    As for me being a good officer, yes, I certainly was..I also adhered to the laws I enforced..didn’t speed 50 mph in a 30 mph zone because I had a badge..police are not above the Law.
    Now, you have made a direct accusation regarding my mailbox.Let us be clear about this..you are saying I am trying to hurt someone by putting my mailbox in concrete, I am telling you that apparently, you haven’t purchased too many of them…it costs me approximately 100.00 bucks each time they run over my box..this time, I made it a bit more sturdy, not to hurt anyone, but to last .
    I will leave you with this..no, I didn’t report it to the “Diamondhead Police”, that would be an exercise in futility… the odds of catching anyone I feel would be slim to none.
    Have a good day Al.

Squaredeal

By the way, that picture was taken in front of the Library with my 35 MM , not a digital camera..stop by my home anytime you want to see the picture.I do NOT lie or take things out of context as you insinuate.
    Again, have a great day.

dragonslayer

Squaredeal

Posted 2013-06-23 4:04 PM (#5240)
    Subject: Diamondhead Police.

Veteran

Location: Diamondhead I saw our high priced crime fighters in action today..I think he may have been sleeping in the cruiser, backed up at the Dr’s. Office behind Rouse’s..I took two pics of him and the car, and my camera flash didn’t seem to bother him.The time and date was 6/23/13 at 14:30 hrs.as soon as I have the film developed, I will post them all over every website pertaining to Diamondhead,including the Sun Herald.It really ticks me off for a cop to be trying to hide, and he has NO excuse for being back there at all..mY wife and I watched him for approximately 15 minutes from the Library.

Obviously Squaredeal you do not remember the things you have posted on this site. See above for your direct quote! You obviously weren’t a very good police officer if at all like you claim to have been. If you would have been a good officer like you claim then you would know about building checks at businesses closed for the weekend. Yes police officers do check doors for an open one or did you not perform this vital function in your days as an alleged police officer? You are the worst kind of wanna be in the world. One that thinks he knows something about nothing. I doubt you were the real police. Perhaps you were a police explorer or one of those fustrated police officers that got kicked out of the academy. Anyway if you were a police officer, where do you get off calling out a fellow officer. Oh thats right you would have had to be a police officer to know you don’t do this! And since you said that this cruiser was backed up to the doctor’s office and you were at the library some 300 plus feet away, how would your flash, and we are talking about during daylight hours with no cloud cover and being as bright as it was on that fateful day, really be observed so far away? Why don’t you watch a couple of more episodes of COPS and see if you can get it right.

Squaredeal

Better read it again,genius..You were parked under the trees,across from the DR’s office,in the shade.My wife and I were there for approximately 15 minutes, and NO ONE checked any doors!!
    I have a great idea..since you and your “boss” Mr. Hermann are so adamant about calling me a liar, let’s meet at Ricky’s office anytime you like..I have the picture and will be more than happy to show it to you and Al …and of course,Ricky.
    Yes, I checked doors, but I thought you were making a report?..again, I was a Deputy, and we made our reports at the END of the shift each day at the S.O.
    Regards,
    Jack

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.