Hardware Store

This topic contains 15 replies, has 489 voices, and was last updated by  byrdnest 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

byrdnest

Does anyone know why the Diamondhead Ace Hardware store in closed?

khm
    Participant

We are wondering about that too –

benmike60

I was told that ACE wanted to downsize in there current location and make a smaller store but the owner of the space they lease from would not let them downsize or if they did downsize they would still pay the same lease price. I also heard the owner of the building owns some hardware stores and will be opening one of his there. Not sure if this info is correct but could be.

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

Bob closed primarily because of, according to him, $10,500 per month rent. Not enough sales to pay rent.

byrdnest

That’s a shame. All of the staff were always quite helpful. I certainly any of the staff who need to work are able to find suitable employment quickly. However, I am in awe that the rent was that high. No wonder the price were so elevated.

lisal

The owner of the building has the hardware in the Pass. Then today I heard a True Value was going in. We will see. I think the problem is that ypu have Lowes and what you can’t find there, you have Hubbards that are close by. And what made it bad for Bob he had to buy everything from ACE Distrib. Ace is like all the big chains they have a set price.

MaddmannDA
    Participant

Is that a True Value going in the old Rouse’s? The facade looks like a hardware store.

lisal

No, it’s going to be a Dollar Tree and the other half is goimg to be a clothing store. That’s going to make 3 dollar junk stores in DH. Just what we need!!

ofenner

According to the employees, Mr. Mike Schaefer is correct in the rent was too high and sales couldn’t meet the rent.

MaddmannDA
    Participant

Does anyone know if Bob is opening elsewhere?

Any confirmation on a clothing store?

Thanks. Mark

lisal

Mark,
    It’s a Stage Clothing.

MaddmannDA
    Participant

Thanks Lisa.

Jude

Heard the Dollar Tree and True Value AND Goodys, a discount merchandiser. I like my rumors better than your rumors!

lisal

I knew about Dollar Tree. The old Rouse is being split. I heard stages from the Rouse’s manager. And True Value is going into ACE.

Eags753

The new store might be called Stage or Goody’s. Both are owned by the same company.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.