Home based businesses in Diamondhead

Home Forums Diamondhead Mississippi General Discussion SOHO in Diamondhead Home based businesses in Diamondhead

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1,371 voices, and was last updated by  pickledparrot 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Okay, Ed. What do the bylaws say about running a private business from a residence in Da Head? Just curious. Where is your “corporate headquarters” or “world headquarters” — whatever facade you’re using now. You only want to use the bylaws to cause problems and creat friction. It’s what makes you happy. But you will be found out. You don’t have to bother cutting me off — this will be my last post. It’s been fun. don

(This posting was copied from another thread – Editor)

Editor

References have been made to the viability and legality of having a business in your home in Diamondhead. This forum is established for discussion of such an arrangement.

GeorgieGirl

On another thread someone hinted that there may be restrictions about running a business from a residence in Diamondhead. I’ve read the covenant summary on this site and don’t see a problem. I hope to continue my home-based business when I move to Diamondhead. I’d rather not say what it is since I haven’t seen any evidence that my service is currently being offered there and don’t want anyone to jump in ahead of me. It involves only phone work from my home (clients call me) and my service is performed at their residence. All is totally legal, moral and ethical. It is only a part-time business to make a little spare change doing something I love. Is anyone aware of any restrictions on home-based businesses?

Anonymous

You may want to check out the Diamondhead Community Telephone Directory, which we produce from our office in our home in Diamondhead. It’s online at http://www.dhpd.com/.

GeorgieGirl

Great website for the phone directory!! I really enjoyed browsing it. Looks like Diamondhead is booming with business. I will definitely contact you to list my little business when we move to Diamondhead. Looks like no one else wants to fess up. There must be a zillion home based businesses there. I’m not going to worry about it anymore. I will read the complete covenants before I buy property in Diamondhead though

wayne king
    Participant

I doubt if the “home based bussiness’s”will effect anything in the quality of life here like the ongoing turmoil of the local ongoing politics. As long as the residence does not become a “public establishment” what is wrong with it????Not paying somebody something????Loss of control by control freaks, whats the problem????

Anonymous

I moved here from a community that had covenants. It allowed an invisible business (no signs, no or not noticeable traffic). I have been told that there are many invisible businesses here but they aren’t really legal. What is the rule?

KenFromDMHD
    Participant

Yes, It’s really kinda essential. A privilege licence isn’t required for much in Hancock County, but in other cities a privlege licence is required to obtain a License … Plumbing, Electrical, AirConditioning, etc. The privlege license requires a physical address … i.e. not a PO box. If you are from Diamondhead, you have to give out your physical address in Diamondhead. You have to apply at the Hancock Chancery Clerk and they schedule you to appear in front of the Planning and Zoning board. They basically ask 2 questions … What is the business, and If there will be any signs or traffic. You really need to say no traffic … there is a little suspense when they put the motion to a vote, but usually vote YES for the dinky business in Residential Diamondhead. From there all you need to do is just go down and pay the $20 each year for the privilege license and you are on the rolls for having a business. Only now, you might have some individual calling you on the phone asking you to pay the fee to them instead of the county … since there is some sort of Gumit in diAmonDheaD.

KenFromDMHD
    Participant

Well let’s talk about covenants. Years ago, It was understood that anything past the front gate was part of Residential Diamondhead and subject to some sort of restrictive covenants. Then somebody with a LOT of land came up with the idea of having a Commercial Business immediately past the front gate so EVERYbody could see it and patronize it with lots of REVENUE generating traffic … The nursing home and the Storage unit business; InCase you can’t guess. Here we have a classic beligerent example of NON-Uniform Covenant enforcement. Ever since, ( And Possibly Before ) the Hancock County Planning and Zoning Board has been handing out Business Privlege Licenses to people if they say they are in Diamondhead. Not sure if this is allowed in Bay Saint Louis or Waveland, but I immagine it is.

Squaredeal

If you are smart, you won’t buy a home in Diamondhead..it is the Gulf Coast’s newest Ghetto

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.