Illegal shed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 114 voices, and was last updated by  benmike60 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

benmike60

I was just hit with a letter from the POA that my shed was in violation of the convenents. The convennats read your shed has to be 10 foot from the back property line and 5 foot from the front. My shed is 2 foot from the side. I’m being fined $100 a month until I resolve the problem. The shed is in a permanent spot, almost impossible to move, I would have to tear it down. I rode around my general area, probably less than a 1 mile square and collected 22 addresses with similar violations. As I rode around more I was dumfounded of how many shed violations there were. Both my neighbors adjacent to me are in violations. What gives, is everyone that is in violation getting fined $100 a month? I brought this up the Daryl Kinchen and he said do not bother bringing up other violations that it would not help my case. What to do?

wmueller

Assuming such a POA rule is in place, can they legally enforce a rule that has obviously not been enforced in the past? Nearly all my neighbors on the streets around me have sheds up close to their property lines.

benmike60

I’m not sure if they can legally enforce it, if I do not pay they said they can put a lean on my house. But to put a lean on the house, but the court fees probably would be more than what I would owe.

lisal

1st thing I would do is find out from the city what their requirements are and if they have a statment to their new requirements that sheds, garages etc are grandfathered in. You will need this. Now since we are a “city” now all city rules as far as stuctures, antennas etc.. supersedes POA regulation. What I am trying to say if POA has one regulation and the city has another, the city regulations will win. Then you can either do two things, hire a real estate attorney or if you want to really **** off POA, take your time and drive around. DH. and take pictures with the addresses and submit them to a POA hearing or Kitchens boss.

That is one thing in our favor that we have become a city, POA may think ther god, but no more. But I would gather your evidence 1st you maybe able to get a couple hundred. Then hire an attorney, that is nothing but pure harassment.

benmike60

Thanks for the info!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.