Incorporation petitions

Home Forums Diamondhead Government City of Diamondhead Incorporation petitions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  2Ricks 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

2Ricks

Does anyone know how many people have signed the petition for incorporation? I know it must be at least 2/3 of the registered voters before it can be presented to the Judge. Just how many registered voters live in the proposed area to be incorporated? I wish they would let us know something, so that we can encourage more to go by the POA office and sign.
    We don’t need to be annexed by BSL. And we should incorporate because, as you know we did not get any of the Federal $$ that we could have gotten had we been an incorporated city when Katrina came.

Editor

We have been told by reliable sources inside the campaign for incorporation that as of this date they lack approximately 900 signatures. We are working to get the exact numbers of registered voters in the area from the Circuit Clerk’s office in Bay St. Louis.

EJK

There are approximately 5,500 registered voters in the proposed area to be incorporated and about 1,200 signatures on the incorporation petition.

Editor

Thanks for the information!

If your figures are correct, and I am sure they are, 3666 signatures would be required. This would mean at your estimate the incorporation campaign is less than 1/3 of its goal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.