Mobile Home at Fire station

Home Forums Diamondhead Government Diamondhead Fire Protection District Mobile Home at Fire station

This topic contains 16 replies, has 476 voices, and was last updated by  wayne king 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

wayne king
    Participant

How did we get a Mobile home behind the fire station, thought they were restricted?

QueenMercury

Shoppers waiting for all the dollar stores to open?

wayne king
    Participant

Can I leave my Xmas lights out all year now?

rohboat
    Participant

please don’t

wayne king
    Participant

Lets get this right, we cannot have signs in our yards expressing our freedom of speech but, we can have a mobile home at the entrance to our residential area violating zoning.

QueenMercury

Who is using it? Is the Fire Dept. responsible for it? Is the Fire Department planning to use it for training for how to deal with meth labs? It really looks awful. Did someone in power here recently wake up one day and say “What can be done to trash Diamondhead” and set forth to do it?

wayne king
    Participant

It does not even look new, Is there anyone know what it is for? Did our “Fire Fee” go to pay for it or is it some other user? I don’t think our fire fee purpose is for used mobile homes, my understanding is its to keep our fire rating high, does letting mobile homes encroach on our zoning lower it or raise it?

QueenMercury

My friend that is usually right on the “scoop” she gets told me it is for the firemen to use while their living area at the fire station is repaired or modified. I’ll try to have her get some more info or see if that can be confirmed. It doesn’t look too stable to me. The could at least post a sign that explains that, if true. So people won’t get the idea that we allow that in Diamondhead. It really gives off a trashy look.

wayne king
    Participant

Sounds like a good reason lets hope its gone when the renovations are gone. I think it would have been a lot cheaper just to use the second fire house, I doubt seriously if 2 are needed within about a mile of each other anyway for a temporary period.

Squaredeal

The POA makes exceptions Wayne, or so I was told by their so called “engineer, Darrel (oops) forgot his last name.They told me in a meeting I called with them that I had to take my sign down,(inside my home) but the condos and land at The new Fairway buildings close to the country club were exempt…Just depends upon who you are.

lisal

It’s Kitchen. If your not in their click you might as well forget it. All they want is your money!!!!

Squaredeal

Well, I don’t pay that “maverick” fire dept..My taxes pays for fire protection..I am not going to contribute to Dubuisson’a astronomical salary..as for the house on Golf Club Dr that they bought with your money that is called a “fire station”, there are no warning lights, and most of the time, no fire engines..what a big wast!!e.

wayne king
    Participant

Also no zoning change, that was a residential lot, wonder if they pay the POA fee, and who votes it in elections ?Lots of info never published that I’m aware of, but there are a lot of things in that category.

Squaredeal

Bet they don’t pay dues Wayne..there are a lot of things that I hope people are beginning to get interested in..That so called fire station, is illegal, it is nothing more than a house, and as I passed by today, there was only one person there, no fire truck.This is indicitave of a scam to me.

wayne king
    Participant

Soon it will be 3 months the Mobile home has been at the Fire Station, no visible renovations going on nor heard any explanation from the “Zoning Board” as to why it is there anyway or when its “Temporary” permit expires (if ever) The Fire Chief puts an article in the community newspaper every issue, you would think he could keep the community updated on this topic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.