old toilets in yard

This topic contains 20 replies, has 430 voices, and was last updated by  cchristovich 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

cchristovich

ok election is over with, so is anyone going to do anything about the 2 old toilets sitting on the trailer in the yard @ 9823 Ala Moana St.? They’ve been there for 4 weeks and I am sure I’m not the only person to notice.

reactorpwr
    Participant

oh c’mon if you look closely, you may find pictures of kyger in the bottom of the bowls

benmike60

My neighbor has not mowed his yard in a year, and also has about 50 rabbits penned in the back yard, but nothing has been done. But I construct a very nice shed tucked away in a area were it is out of site 3 foot from my side property and get a letter in just a weeks time, go figure.

cchristovich

hahahahaha 😉

cchristovich

like the old saying goes,” it’s not what you know but who you know.” 😉

reactorpwr
    Participant

benmike60 – 2014-06-29 9:10 AM

My neighbor has not mowed his yard in a year, and also has about 50 rabbits penned in the back yard, but nothing has been done. But I construct a very nice shed tucked away in a area were it is out of site 3 foot from my side property and get a letter in just a weeks time, go figure.

Sorry to hear this. Priorities are way out of wack here. A nice shed vs a toilet/uncut grass.. Yep typical DH mentality of those in charge of writing letters. I’d love to see what the nastygram letter said in reference to your shed. I’d fight it til i was blue in the face. But that is just me, i have nothing better to do for half the month.

cchristovich

totally agree.

Lucy

THE GUY THAT USED TO LIVE BEHIND ME HAD CHICKENS. I CALLED TO COMPLAIN AND WAS TOLD “IF HE SAY’S THEY ARE HIS PETS, WE CAN’T DO ANYTHING”. I SAID THAT I DIDN’T KNOW D’HEAD WAS ZONED FOR FARM LAND. SO GLAD HE MOVED.

cchristovich

Are you kidding me??? 😉

Lucy

NO, I’M NOT KIDDING

benmike60

I also heard it is not considered a farm if you eat everything you raise, what the hell. I thought the purpose of a farm is to eat what you raise.
    I will admit that I did not get a permit from my shed before I placed it because I was told if it is smaller than 12×12 than you do not need one, well I think this is the cities new ruling? Also I would had to take out trees in my yard to put it anywhere else, and we are on a very hilly lot. So where I put it was the most practical place. Also do you know that they charge you $100 a month for failure to move it. Now this is a bit extreme. But as I said, I brought this on myself for not checking before hand. I have been riding around diamondhead and in a mile square area I have documented how many sheds are in violation and so far I came up with 33, so I guessing there is several hundred violations, just wonder if they have been turned in for violations. So if you have a shed that is less than 10 feet from the back property line and 5 feet from the side property line then you are in violation. I’m going to take pictures and document every violation in Diamondhead and make the POA show me proof that they have written violations on everyone, and if they have not why. Please do not hate me for this, because you may be one of these people. If someone has a better plan please share.

jtsandi

I can relate, I bought a home about a year and a half ago, it was a foreclosure, I got no copy of covenants when I purchased the home, I asked about putting a fence up and was told they want you to get a permit, but no one ever does, my bad I put up a 2600.00 wood fence and went in to pay my POA fees for the year and when asked how things were going, made mention I got the fence up and you would have thought I robbed a bank, lady was very nasty to me and I of course got defensive and told her they had never disclosed to me that I had to have a permit, survey etc. well my 30 years in the mortgage business came out as I told her they were supposed to give me a copy at closing and was told that it was too thick and my realtor was responsible to telling me this, really???? I don’t think so, by the time I got back I had a violation notice on my door, they referred me to a surveyor who I think was connected to the Kyger group, because he laughed and told me he was glad they got me and would not help me, I told them surveys were not required in lot block subdivisions and argued so much that they let me get a plat from the city, and guess what? my neighbors fence is on my lot, so what good is it to get a permit, the covenants need to be looked at, its a joke, I drive around and see mailboxes with pvc pipe and spray paint, and fences of all different heights and cars in the yards, etc, needless to say I made a vow not to support Diamondhead after that, I hope with the new POA board things change. Sorry to rant but I think some of these POA employees need to go!!!!!

cchristovich

I am thinking about doing the same thing. Except doing it with oblivious violations ,i.e. toilets in yard, set to music and posting to you tube. I moved here to mind my own business and be friendly to my neighbors but some things are just too blatant. I don’t see how a shed in a fenced yard is such a big deal. Do you have an ongoing feud with a neighbor?

cchristovich

I see your point.

jtsandi

My neighbors are great, they couldn’t believe how the POA acted, I thought I had researched and found a great place for a second home, but in hind sight I wish I could turn back the clock and start over, the POA ruined it for me, I have never stepped foot in the Country Club and don’t plan to, I will say I am so happy the old guard is out and hope the new board will correct alot of things, I keep hoping things turn around so I can sell and get out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.