Open Board Meeting June 26, 2014

This topic contains 13 replies, has 338 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Editor

Questions and comments for the open board meeting on June 26, 2014 to be held at the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association at 7:00pm are welcome here.

wesley4212
    Participant

At last review it appears that there are approximately 400 individuals who pay an annual fee for unlimited use of the two golf courses. As the golf courses routinely lose money each year and the POA membership makes up the deficits, isn’t about time that the annual fee paid by these 400 individuals be readjusted to more realistically reflect the true cost of their use of the golf courses? I for one feel it is grossly unfair to make non-golfers pay (through their inflated POA dues) for others use of the golf courses. If the annual fee were doubled or tripled wouldn’t that go a long way toward eliminating the annual deficit?

jryan6832
    Participant

Is it too late to reexamine the Diamondhead Swim and Racquet Club proposal and the funding of Mr.Kyger’s legal fees?

ofenner

After allowing the board for time to review all, could the board simply give its membership an accounting of the liabilities and assets of the DPOA as we now know of the “slush funds”.

Retired13

We would simply like to say welcome. You all are a breath of fresh air and we look forward to seeing D’head move forward in a positive way.

Retired13

We would simply like to say welcome. You all are a breath of fresh air and we look forward to seeing D’head move forward in a positive way.

9624rm
    Participant

It seems to me that the previous board has been acting under the legal advice of the current lawyer, Casano. If in fact he has advised that it was legal to fund the court cost of Kyger; the members have a right to know by what precedence is he acting on and if this is reversible. I am beginning to get the feeling that this is a done deal. At the very least, Kyger should be removed for misconduct.

bkw

Will Kyger remain on as an “ex-officio”? If so, why? Is there anything stating that we HAVE to keep him in this role?

wilkesm

I totally agree and endorse this idea. I do not use any of the amenities in Diamondhead….I work for a living. I don’t use the pool, I don’t play golf, I don’t play tennis and in the 10 years I have lived here, I have been to the Country Club ONCE and was ignored totally by the ‘country club set’. Right now, if someone played golf every day, they would pay $3 to play golf.

I also read in today’s newspaper the remarks Kyger made about the new board. I think we can learn from Kyger…do exactly the opposite!

Squaredeal

Legally,Kyger cannot remain, even though he hasn’t been tried as of yet…too many witnesses saw him shake the lady, and no way can he be found not guilty..also Wesley, you have a great idea..I don’t Golf either, and I don’t care for my money sponsoring other people..put a fee on the golfers to use the course, and leave us out of it.

ofenner

Square deal, surely you’re not that naive to believe with all the witnesses the charges will remain for a conviction. Strange things happen prior to a courtroom hearing and I’m sure Kyger will pull a rabbit out of the hat. Witnesses fail to show, the prosecutor doesn’t accept the charges and the court accepts continuances that keeps the case in the courts for a couple of years until the victim fails to show, all these things happen to make a case disappear.

Squaredeal

Yes, I hear you loud and clear..Fire Dept fees in DH is a good case n point..at one time, Louisiana held the banner for most crooked State in the union, But Ms took it over..Yep, you may be right, they may give the hero a medal.Nothing surprises me here.

Sandra1
    Participant

As our new board members take over I am encouraged that better decisions will be made that include the valuable input from the taxpayers and property owners.
    What can you do now to decrease monthly POA monthly dues?

ofenner

As soon as we all understand any decision/direction the new, open board takes will not please all but the direction should attempt to increase/maintain property values, we will begin a new chapter. Open board meetings spur debate, something not known under the previous board until a determined few brought debate to light. This new board will no doubt come under scrutiny but unlike the retiring board, this board welcomes the challenge.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.