P.O.A. ELECTION

This topic contains 0 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  rohboat 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

rohboat
    Participant

Dues for nothing certainly makes a good sound bite and displays at least to some extent the nature of the problem many residents have with the way the POA operates. I believe after 358 entries just about every complaint that could be made must have had alluded to.
    The extent of this thread is becoming cumbersome and while it has been very useful for reviewing many opinions it has become mired down without any well defined focus or objective.
    Therefore I respectfully make a suggestion that a new thread focus primarily on the upcoming POA election. I think most would agree that electing some new people to the board might substantially address some of the complaints that have been made.
    We need to decide who would best serve the needs of the community and address our concerns with the POA.
    We need to review just what aspects of the POA are in dire need of review.
    Most importantly just what can we do as a group to influence the election.
    We need also to review the actual election process to make sure the incumbents do not find a way to snooker us.
    It seems to me that the major function that we can provide is to make known to as many people as possible who is running and why we need to make a change.
    This is going to take considerable effort and unless a substantial number of people are willing to participate all the talk on the Diamondhead news is just so much noise.
    The question of placing campaign signs needs to be explored. What are the limitations that the current office holders will place on the process.
    I would like to see explored the possibility of using the U.S. mail service
    The last Diamondhead I saw had about 1800 entries.
    I think standard mail can go for about 26 cents. But to be safe we would have to check with the post office to verify this. If we would just select about 1000 at random I think we could collect enough to cover at least one mailing. Anyway it was just a thought.

IT REALLY NEEDS TO BE NOTED THAT THE DEADLINE FOR QUALIFYING IS LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.