Pet ownership in Diamonhead

Home Forums Diamondhead Clubs and Organizations Diamondhead SPCA Pet ownership in Diamonhead

This topic contains 2 replies, has 121 voices, and was last updated by  Pam 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pam

Can you tell me if there are any restrictions/requirements regarding pet ownership in Diamondhead? – number of pets allowed, are they allowed to run free, type of pet etc. etc.

Thanks very much,

Pam

Anonymous

I have lived here for over 22 years and as far as I know the only restriction that applies is the standard leash law which is loosely followed. I own 1 dog, 6 cats & numerous waterfall/koi ponds. I do have a fenced in yard for my animals but you know how cats can wonder off. My animals are all spayed and neutered. I have been known to take in strays on a few occasions and have them fixed and they just stayed on. As far as exotic pets I have not heard of any around here. Numerous deer, raccoon, armadillo, opposum and occasional red fox have been seen all over Diamondhead. There have been cases in the past of distemper found in the wild animal population so I recommend having all of your pets immunized except of course the fish.

I hope this answers your most of your questions.

Anne

Pam

Hello Ann,

Thank you so much, I will be retiring in less than 3 years and we need to move to a warmer location; we have visited Diamondhead and like it very much, but we are “cat people” and being able to have them is an important consieration for us.

Thanks again,

Pam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.