PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION REVISION?

Home Forums Diamondhead Government City of Diamondhead Planning & Zoning Commission PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION REVISION?

This topic contains 59 replies, has 1,254 voices, and was last updated by  vsimons 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

vsimons
    Participant

PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION REORGANIZATION PROPOSED:

The P&Z Commission consists of 7 members. Under the old regime, 5 members were from Ward 3, one from Ward 1, one from Ward 4, and none from Ward 2.
    The new administration proposes a revision to require AT LEAST ONE FROM EACH WARD, and no more than 2 from any ward. This seems reasonable, but strong objection is coming from one council member, who claims there may not be QUALIFIED candidates in each ward. He stated that qualifications should include “EXPERIENCE“ in areas such as management, finance, business, architecture, engineering, landscaping, etc. One would think that in Diamondhead, a substantial number of adults would be thus “qualified“, and that at least one person, both “qualified“ and willing to serve, from each ward could be found.

Please remember that when the Commission was originally appointed that there were no wards. Finding replacements is the responsibility of the City Council. I don’t believe that there is any requirement that each ward must be represented, although it would be desirable.

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

WRONG AGAIN, NORM

You can’?t remember what went on when? Read the minutes: The Unelected Council KNEW what the Wards would be in Feb./early March 2012. They already had a MAP in their hands on March 1, 2012.
    MARCH 1, 2012: Item 7.a. …?Chris Watson had provided… a MAP of Voter District (Wards) Determination Recommendation.? MARCH 5, 2012: Item 7.c. ..?Council member Holcomb moved…to accepted (sic) the proposed draft voting districts POSTED FEB. 27, 2012 by Bridge & Watson…The motion passed unanimously.?

MARCH 7, 2012: Initial P&Z candidates selected; 3 from Ward 1, 2 from Ward 4, one from Ward 3, one from Ward 2.

MARCH 29, 2012: Ward 2 person replaced with a Ward 3 guy named Norm Parker.

AUGUST 6, 2012: Ward 1 person replaced with a Ward 3 person. SEPT. 4, 2012: Ward 4 person replaced with a Ward 3 person. JAN. 22, 2013: Ward 1 person replaced with Ward 3 person. From then until some resigned after the election, the 7 member P&Z commission had 5 persons from Ward 3, including the Chairman.

Isn’t having the facts powerful?

STAY TUNED TO THIS NEWS FACILITY FOR THE TRUTH BASED ON DOCUMENTED FACTS!!!

When the P & Z Commissioners were chosen, the wards had not yet been set. Watson submitted them to us for our recommendations and then on to the City Council.

One last thought, why are we discussing what happened over 18 months ago when it doesn’t make any difference? We have a new city council and they are in the mist of insuring that each ward is represented. Let’s talk about the future as we can do nothing to change the past. What is, is.

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

NORM,

THE ISSUE HERE IS CAN WE BELIEVE WHAT IS BEING POSTED???? YOUR RESPONSE SOUNDS LIKE HILIARY CLINTON’S WHEN QUESTIONED ABOUT BENGAZI AND THE DEATH OF OUR AMBASSADOR & 3 OTHERS (…”what difference does it make… “

Be positive, look to the future as there are no deeming values in discussing the past.

rohboat
    Participant

I think I have heard it on many occasions that to ignore the past is to insure that you will repeat the mistakes.
    Your motivation to ignore these events is somewhat of a mystery

rohboat
    Participant

I have heard it many times that to ignore the past insures that you will repeat the same mistakes
    So what is your motivation here Norm?

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

It is also a fact of life that most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.

Some look to the past and others look to the future. I choose to look to future and hope that I can make Diamondhead a better place to live.

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

Good point Norm. However we need to clean up the mess we have inherited from the past and their violations of State Law before we can fully focus on the future.

The fundamental problems here in Diamondhead are that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are somewhat doubtful.l

In general, I agree with your last statement. The problem Is determining who are the intelligent and who are the stupid. Good luck on that one.

rohboat
    Participant

Norm It seems to me that we can not make it a better place to live in the future unless we correct the mistakes of the past.
    Simply choosing to look only to the future is a cop out.

There are no correctable mistakes, as far as I know, so why dwell on them? Look to the future. If there are, contact the council person for your Ward and ask him to start working on the corrections.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.