POA Accountant Charged in Embezzelment

Home Forums Diamondhead Mississippi General Discussion General Topics of Interest POA Accountant Charged in Embezzelment

This topic contains 15 replies, has 407 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Editor

Opinions, Questions and views on this subject are welcome here.

Anonymous

who is it?

Anonymous

Should we be surprised by this revelation? That is probably only a fraction of the illegal activity going on in the POA!

bemused

Was this an in-house employee or does Diamondhead contract out these services? If this is an in-house position, who is directly responsible for oversight? If this is a contracted firm, do we know what firm it is? Who within the POA did this person report to?

Originally written by ricks on 2004-03-03 3:48 PM

Should we be surprised by this revelation? That is probably only a fraction of the illegal activity going on in the POA!

Revalation?? Mr. Ricks, you must have a lot more info on this matter than the rest of us. Exactly who in our association are you accusing of illegal activity? Or are you just stirring the pot? don

Editor

According to our information, this was an employee of the POA.

Anonymous

My point was that the huge losses attributed to the Country Club, and the increases in our POA dues may have been directly related to this and possibly more. Has there been an outside audit performed of the POA’s financial statments recently? If not, one should be conducted to make sure that even more has not been taken. As a former auditor, I know that in many cases, once suspected embezzlement is uncovered, much more is usually found when a complete audit is done.

Rod Willer

Ricks – Please run for the board – we need people with your experience!

Anonymous

I know just last month the POA said I was behind in my dues one month.I had all my return check stubs to prove I was not.I bet thats how she was taking the money.This is why the dues go up ,people stealing.I would send her to jail and make her pay all of it back.

wayne king
    Participant

This episode is just another of many examples of incompetent management by the individuals in charge of this community and its resources. When will we elect qualified people with the experience in community management and the functions that go into that to assure the emenities and atmosphere we all thought we would enjoy by moveing to diamondhead. All I have observed in my short time here is incompetent,egotistical behavior by selfinterested parties with not a lot of reguard for the community as a whole.

wally

Now major problems have surfaced with our POA Funding. What is the members solution to prevent it from happening again?

Eags753

Originally written by Editor on 2004-03-03 3:13 PM

Opinions, Questions and views on this subject are welcome here.

I read in the newspaper that the POA wants restitution in the theft matter. Are they saying that this employee was NOT BONDED. It would be poor management, indeed, if an employee who handles POA monies and signs POA checks was not required to post a bond. If any monies under that employees control is missing or stolen the bond company pays the employer and goes after the bonded employee. Maybe the board should take a course in management 101.

Anonymous

I agree with you Eags753, that should have been the way it goes, but does anyone in the organization know what is supposed to be done (legally and finacially) here? I wonder.

Anonymous

As a newcomer to Diamondhead, I have a question. Are all the Board members elected and how long are their terms?

Editor

You may find the information concerning the board here:

http://www.diamondheadnews.com/AbsoluteNM/templates/DheadMinutes1.asp?articleid=224&zoneid=1

Condensed version:

4 officers (President, VP, Tresurer, Secretary) elected every two years. Six board member, 3 elected every two years to a four year term (staggered terms). Previous president has a seat on board for 2 years after his term as president expires. Total: eleven.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.