POA Board meeting 6-15-2013

This topic contains 6 replies, has 218 voices, and was last updated by  lisal 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lisal

I went this morning to the meeting and asked about Purcell owning the Country Club, Golf Courses, like it states on the county tax GIS map. Their answer was it was wrong and POA does own ot. Well Monday I am calling the county to see who is right.

Also, voting issues came up and I flat told them that any issue that comes up, should be voted by the members and not the board themselves. At the time, I thought about the fees for Garage Sales and said that every property owner should have a vote, they claim they do, but I and several there never saw any voting in the mail. The only time I have seen a voting form in the mail from POA is elections. I am not happy with them at all

There were other issues brought up, the ACLU Lawsuit, swimmimg pool passes etc. maybe others who were there can add to this.

rohboat
    Participant

I am surprised that any non council person showed up. I feel guilty for not going but I do not have vocal cords so my presence would not count for much.
    I am glad to hear them say that they own the golf courses. It would seem to me then that considerable pressure could be put on them to get golf cost under control. Why not put the total onus on the golf players and let them cover the expenses or just lease them out.
    users or even lease them out. . Did they not talk about the effort to change the zoning on the other side of I10?

Elena Weber
    Participant

I w

I was there. I made a motion to not use our POA dues to fight the ACLU. They said I was out of order, because I am in the suit to allow political signs during an election. The board would not allow my motion to proceed to a vote. So nothing was voted on by those in attendance. What an arrogant bunch on the board. The suit says that the city and the POA are intertwined and they are, joined at the hip! The latest example is, where do you think the new mayor and council will be sworn in? The country club on Jun 25th, that’s where.

as there. What a sham!

lisal

Well, I just called the HANCOCK COINTY ASSESSOR’S OFFICE. The POA flat lied to everyone there at the meeting. The LEGAL OWNER of the COINTRY CLUB AND GOLF is PURCELL!!!!! Not POA.

Squaredeal

You are right,Lisa..I have never received any ballots except for election for the POA board..I think they all are liars in the POA

teled

TIME TO QUIT PAYING DUES!!!!

Squaredeal

I quit already.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.