POA Election Process

This topic contains 260 replies, has 4,835 voices, and was last updated by  QueenMercury 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 261 total)
  • Author

QueenMercury

When going to the meeting in person to vote, what is the process? Do we show ID, is it paper ballot, verbal, hand count? How do we know our vote is recorded and counted accurately? If you are not in “good standing” then you can’t vote, right? I realize that maybe no one here has all of the information but we need to find out and inform others, as the process is already so confusing, as they like it to be. I could call the POA but how do we know if the information that they give is correct.

This business of one of the incumbent candidates in charge of counting votes is beyond inappropriate. Really this election should be postponed until the process is changed for the benefit of the members.

pterry0091
    Participant

You take your ballot that you received in the mail – make your selections – put in envelop- go to community center on June 21 and I am sure they will verify you as being the resident. You put your envelop in the box that is locked and the counting will be done by the Accounting Firm listed on the envelop…At least this is how I understood when explained. Jan Meeker is the Election Chair and she is not running for reelection. I feel the only mistake they made was not informing the membership of the change regarding absentee ballots prior to the time of the election. In other words this information should have been shared when they learned of the problem..

rohboat
    Participant

Your explanation makes no sense.
    Why use the envelope provided ? Is it because they are going to be sent to them.
    Why not just sent it the firm mentioned ?
    A locked box? Really and they could not mention any of this. in the letter they sent with the ballots?
    Truthfully Ms Perry I find your explanation insulting.

rohboat
    Participant

As a matter of fact if it was plainly obvious that some aspects of this election were confusing why not send an email to everyone restating the whole process? I really cannot accept as truthful anything that comes out of this group.
    Oh I am sorry about getting the name wrong. Ms. Terry

Editor

The Truth About Proxies:

Confused about how to cast your vote in the upcoming POA membership meeting? Read the laws and definition of a proxy here:

http://www.diamondheadnews.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=1553&z=49

rohboat
    Participant

My problem with all this is:
    If I send in a directed proxy can I be sure that some other rules have not been passed that render this vote to be not counted?
    Why not send in a signed ballot with proper ID. to the firm Ericksen etc. I think the residents deserve an explanation.

Editor

Do not confuse a ballot with a proxy. The proxy is not a ballot . A proxy is a limited power of attorney allowing someone to act in your stead at a particular time for a specific action. Kyger has attempted to confuse the membership by combining both on one form. The best way to insure your vote is counted is to attend the membership meeting in person.

As the law reads , the proxy must be validated by the secretary of the corporation, so you cannot just send your ballot to accounting firm.

If you cannot attend, let me know. If you would allow me the honor of being your proxy, I will arrange to have your proxy notarized and your vote cast as you dictate.

But I strongly suggest you attend for an abject lesson on how not to run a membership meeting.

barber1980

QUESTION, Can a member give proxy to a non-member resident? I have had several members ask me to vote for them because they are not in the loop on whats going and dont know who to vote for.

rohboat
    Participant

Unbelievable

benmike60

I would suggest finding a van and give those people a list of candidates to vote for and take them to vote on June 21st, this may be the best way. If anyone out there on this forum have access to a shuttle or bus lets get these people up there to vote. Just a suggestion 🙂

QueenMercury

I have seen people post that they are no longer paying their POA dues. Is it correct that if they are not up to date on dues that their vote will not be counted?

Squaredeal

I think you have a good idea..I would go a step farther and recommend a bunch of us volunteer our time and resources to ensure that all who want to vote have the opportunity.We definitely need to get rid of the group in there now.
    Hard to believe they skimmed 650,000 bucks of our money to put in a fund and draw interest on, yet no one knew about it but the people that did it..gives me a really nice, warm feeling…I like to get kissed when I get screwed.

lisal

I believe if you are not in good standing (POA DUES AND FEES) up to date ur voting will not be counted.

Also, yesterday I was at Rouse and spoke to 5 employees that had sent in their vote to the addressed envelope that came in the mail that goes to New Orleans, I had to tell them it will be thrown out and they have to vote in person on the 21st. Someone called POA yesterday and was told yes all ballots sent in by mail will be thrown out. I think it waa STUPID, DUMB ETC that put that envelope in rhat packet. For those who didn’t read that letter word by word alot of ballots are being trashed.

Now this is what does’t make any since at all. On April 30th I called POA and I wish I had gotten her name. She told me they were mailing rhe ballots out and to mail them back in the envelope. Now all those mailed in will be trashed. 3 days ago I called the firm in New Orleans and yes they have recieved some already. I will be speaking the tomorrow and I am going to see if we can do something to get these counted. After all it was POA THAT TOLD ME TO MAIL THEM IN. I think it is a sham on their part to hold control of the board. I will try my best to get them counted, keep my yard signs up and keep my signs on my truck. We all have to keep fighting.

benmike60

If everyone would post on facebook, twitter, and other social media this information, maybe we can get the attention of the un-informed. I peronally posted the CORRECT information and sent emails out to my church group and all other diamondhead residents that I know to get their attention. It seems to work, I got responses that they would spread the word. Funny thing, you know who was in my list of emails, it was not intentionally, I discovered it after the fact.

Editor

Our FaceBook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/DiamondheadNews and can follow us on Twitter at @DiamondheadNews

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 261 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.