POA Election recommendations

This topic contains 8 replies, has 161 voices, and was last updated by  1948Mickey 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

1948Mickey

So I received my copy of the Diamondhead News with the list of candidates and need some input on who should get my vote.
    What say those in the know??
    Who will best represent “We the People” to change the way the POA operates??

rohboat
    Participant

OK My view is to pick Fletcher, Weber, Schaefer, and McCulley
    Why? Because I feel that this team will counter act the trend that has been going on with the current office holders.
    Truth is maybe a couple of others might do a fairly good job. I feel uncertain about these others.
    There is contained in the list some that I feel confident will be spokesman for the incumbents.
    Stick with those who have been brave enough to fight against the good ol boys.

1948Mickey

That’s a start, but there are eight positions open…who else is going to LISTEN to We the People and act accordingly?
    I’ve been a Diamondhead resident since 1992 and seen the damage that Montjoy has caused, so he’s not getting my vote. If I’m not mistaken, Nutting is another one of the Good Ole Boys.
    But who else???

vsimons
    Participant

Donald Silcio is a good candidate for one of the 4-year Board positions.
    I have met him and was very favorably impressed. And, although I am a ‘retired’ person, I think we DO need more representatives of the younger families. Right now, as far as I can tell, only one person on the Board has a school-age child.

There are some other candidates running in the Board race that look like same old POA “control and spend” types to me: Nutting, Perry, Monjoy, Laird. for example.

Some of the others, I hope to meet at one of the open Candidate Forums being held on May 6, May 8, and May 9.

vsimons
    Participant

Certain INCUMBENTS losing favor?
    Yesterday I saw a “recommended candidates list” given by someone active in the DH golfing association to a friend of mine.

It’s interesting that INCUMBENTS Peppenger, Marshall and Sislow are evidently losing favor with many former supporters.

1948Mickey

vsimons – 2014-04-29 11:45 AM

Certain INCUMBENTS losing favor?
    Yesterday I saw a “recommended candidates list” given by someone active in the DH golfing association to a friend of mine.

It’s interesting that INCUMBENTS Peppenger, Marshall and Sislow are evidently losing favor with many former supporters.

I’d be interested in knowing who is on “recommended candidates list.”

QueenMercury

I’ve heard of Montjoy, think there was some kind of lawsuit with him & the POA. What was the extent of the damage he caused?

barber1980

Donald Silcio is who was appointed President of the Diamondhead Spartan youth football league. He is a good man and would represent the Families well. Sharon McCulley is also involved with our league. She will also represent our families well.

I also feel that maybe it is not understood there are Two Nutting brothers. Bill is the one running for the Director seat. I know Bill and believe he sincerely wants to get the crazy spending under control. he also would like to see better use of our dues for family amenities.

There are alot of good candidates running. I urge anyone who has kids here to please contact me I will help you if you do not know what candidates are genuine in looking out for our kids.

FortunateOne

Wasn’t Bill Nutting the one who said the Skip Alfonso should be killed outside of the POA membership meeting two years ago. Strange that someone who believes in the death penalty for a difference in opinion should even be considered for any office in America, even a property owners association.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.