POA Elections

This topic contains 6 replies, has 321 voices, and was last updated by  todbjd 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

todbjd

The best kept secret in DH – POA elections. . .

Will the POA or any community organizations host any kind of forum where voters could meet the candidates? A debate formats would be ideal, if as many believe, this could be the most important election in the history of DH.

I’d like to hear candidates discuss/debate DH as an incorporation vs unincorporated community.

Editor

As you may have heard, I am running for president of the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association, Inc. I was waiting for the deadline to expire to make my official announcement. It will be forthcoming within the day on a new website dedicated to reforming Diamondhead.

I welcome and eagerly await open and honest debates anywhere and anytime. For too long we have lived in a closed community that has denied basic American concepts and if elected, I vow that will change.

We invite all candidates to use this forum. The Diamondhead News Online will not censor any comment posted by any candidate running for office.

todbjd

My hat if off to you for running for office. Fresh thinking and creative approaches to old problems and business as usual behavior creates good debate. I only hope that some debate format happens.

To me, pass elections in DH have been more like popularity contest with the more popular candidate winning.

wayne king
    Participant

I would like to hear about clean up of property owned by Percell Corp. and wheather we could go to a 1 resident 1 vote democratic process without overrideing proxie votes from multipal property owners and one vote to 1 vote for residents who pay to support the POA and no vote from property owners who vote on POA issues but do not pay to support it.

Editor

Funny you should mention it. This happens to be a main plank in my platform – right after incorporation. I am working hard to get out my plan and platform and should have the web site up later today. I want to make sure of the community understands one thing, I do not intend to “run Diamondhead”, I intend to let the membership run the community by opening proper TWO WAY channels of communications and they won’t be the color red.

todbjd

Another reason we need a candidate forum BEFORE elections; I’m sure DH residents have other questions and concerns such as the ones you raise.

Jerry P. Moreau
    Participant

SKIP; This is the first that I heard you are running for President of the POA. Why not ask others who favor your postion to run as a “ticket”. I would also submit my name as a candidate for an office or Director. We need others to run for office as well. There are seven positions up for election.

Would you be in favor of using the OUCD “platform”?
    Skip, I would like to discuss your position in private. Please call me when you have the opportunity.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.