POA Meeting to Adopt Budget and Dues,Thurs., Nov. 20

Home Forums Diamondhead Mississippi General Discussion General Topics of Interest POA Meeting to Adopt Budget and Dues,Thurs., Nov. 20

This topic contains 19 replies, has 500 voices, and was last updated by  pdutton 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

pdutton

The POA board meets to vote on the budget next Thursday, November 20 at 7 p.m. in the Emerald Ballroom at the country club.

You will be there if you care about:

—how your dues are set and how they will be spent;

—whether the budgetary figures are fact or fantasy;

—who honors campaign promises and who does not; and/or

—which directors fulfill their fiduciary duty and which do not.

Also, you might get to see some of our, er, courtesy-challenged board members do their impressions of Bluto in Animal House. Don’t miss this marvelous opportunity.

Lce
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder pdutton. It’s an important meeting. Hope there’s a great turnout of our DNOL members.

Elena Weber
    Participant

This ia a very important meeting !! It seems that a number of the board members believe people will show up for the open board meeting on Nov. 20th 10 to 1 AGAINST lowering the dues. Currently the board has 3 maybe 4 members willing to lower the dues by $15 per month, Please call and email the board members to get them to maike a commitment to lower the dues. This can easily be done while maintaning and improving the amenities and leaving plenty of money in the bank for emergencies and other future necessities. You can find the board members telephone numbers and email addresses on the POA website under community- board members. If somebody could list the POA board members phone numbers and email addresses in another blog on this thread, I would appreciate it.

Squaredeal

How could these two men run and say unequivocally, “I am going to cut your dues in half.I think the voting should be taken away from any board members, let us decide what’s going to happen..Lets vote on it and see what happens..I am sick of lying people, then come in here and make excuses for breaking their word.My definition of that is lying, pure and simple.
    I really think we should start moving to do away with the POA, then get that good for nothing “fire dept” next.

MarkL

I’m going to have a hard time controlling my anger if Harvey and Crosby think they can cut off the dues paying members while they have the floor. Mr Fletcher should be able to control the greedy animals on his board so that they at least let people speak. It’ll be interesting to see if McCulley continues her two faced act voting to keep the overly high dues.

pdutton

So glad you’re going, Lce and MarkL, and here’s hoping that all DNOL posters will be there.

Under the bylaws, the president is to preside over meetings, that is, “to occupy the place of authority or control.” Other board members have no right to speak unless the president gives them the floor. That is equally true under Robert’s Rules of Order. It’s a nasty task to be in control when you have ill-bred people to deal with, but Mr. Fletcher was elected to the task and, sadly, may have to deal with it.

If it happens this time, watch to see which board members indicate disapproval of the misbehavior and which ones sit there, smugly and silently complicit in the Animal House atmosphere, as some did during the last outbreak of swinishness.

Elena Weber
    Participant

Squaredeal, which two men are you referring to because Harvey will openly say he nver ran on cutting the dues, in fact, he would like to raise them so they can do more build them and they will come projects The most important thing sbout this meeting is to get as many POA members as possible to attend. The good old boys will stack this meeting with as many members who will support them as possible. Call every POA member that you know and get them to attend and speak up. Ask eash board member how they will vote and why ie. get it out to the public. During the open part of the meeting, which comes first, get each board member to say how and specifically why they are voting the way they are. Also CALL each board member and put pressure on them to vote to cut the dues by $15 per month. This can be done without comprising next year’s budget and even more so if the $250000 for golf course renovations is taken out and also the $100000 for repaving the front nine of The Pines. They have spent $250,000 for each of the last three years for renovations on the golf courses. The cart path on the front nine of The Pines needs repairs, not total repaving. If you have any questions feel free to call me at 255-5448.

Squaredeal

I’m speaking of John Fletcher who even had signs “cut dues by 50 %”..and I thought your hubby, but in retrospect, it was just John running as “Red Socks” Fletcher at the time..I talked to many people, neighbore for both men, had signs in my yard, only to find we all were misled , (lied to).

lisal

I will be there also, my prediction on what is going to happen – the dues will not get cut – HMS will continue – and as far as the East Rec mess was voted on being benched and not stopped like it should have been – more waisted money going to the CC instead of raising the golf fees and let the “golfers” pay for their own upgrades, improvements etc, the KYGER CONTROLLED BOARD WILL SNEAK ALL THIS INTO THE NEW BUDGET. Sharon is the one who I am mostly very disappointed in.

John needs to take more control over the board. I have only missed one board meeting, but what I can see that is happening, the KYGER CLAN is walking all over him. But the new board has been very difficult for John, Jerry and Mike. They are only 3 to the rest of them.

Elena Weber
    Participant

Yes they both ran on cutting the dues by 50% and they still would if they had the votes to do so. My husband has voted no to everything including benching the East Rec project because he wanted it stopped not benched. Sharon did not run on cutting the dues by 50% because she did not know if that much was possible. She did run on cutting the dues as much as possible but that seems to have changed. Same with Silcio. The reason they went for $15 per month is they thought that might work because the numbers prove that is possible with the current proposed budget and it leaves plenty of money in the bank for unseen future needs. Well you can see how well that has worked out !! John tried to take HMS out of the budget and only Mike, Jerry and Seitz supported it and the others went on to say he cannot do that and would not vote in favor of it. You are not alone when you say you were “misled (lied to)”. That is why we are begging for help from the POA members. Call the board members and complain and get their excuses. Let them know your opinions. I don’t know if it will make a difference but it is our only hope. Also get as many members as possible to show up to the meeting and let your voices be heard loud and clear.

pdutton

Among other things, I hope we can get honest figures on how much the POA is paying for management of the country club and golf courses and how much it loses on them. If the numbers are fudged, no one can possibly understand what should be done or how to plan sensibly for the future.

We are paying, if I understand it correctly, Jim Haslam plus new GM Eli Biggers plus Mark “The Mouth” Boyd and all their underlings, plus hundreds of thousands of dollars each year to refurbish the courses and cart paths while most of the POA directors bury their heads in the sand traps, completely ignoring warnings nationwide that the future of golf will be grim unless you innovate. Innovate does not equal landscape and pave.

Speaking of Eli Biggers, I trust that he’s a competent manager and this is not about him personally, but he did NOT come here from the Eastern Shore Yacht and Country Club in Virginia as claimed by the Diamondhead News. He left them at the end of last year with a farewell message in their newsletter that he was hired by HMS to manage three clubs. He became GM in January of this year at Purcell-developed, Haslam-run Lake Arrowhead Yacht and Country Club in Georgia where he has been ever since. Their Oct/Nov newsletter contains his column which has no indication that he is leaving them. So are we the second of the three clubs he will simultaneously manage? If so, are we paying him part time or full time salary? And why on earth were we lied to??

It amazes me that there are people here who look down their noses at the Kiln and the Bay. Kiln and Bay folks are much too savvy to put up with this kind of garbage from elected officials.

http://www.esycc.com/images/Newsletter-November_2013.pdf
    http://www.lakearrowheadclub.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/PROOF_LAN_10-14v2.pdf

Squaredeal

I think calling in WLOX on the whole rotten mess might be beneficial to all of us..it is blatantly obvious that stealing money from us is rampant, even with that so called make believe fire dept ok, so they have a few calls but NO fires to attend, so has anyone thought about the enormous amonunt of money that take in?..City, County, and 20.00 per month from all the residents…this isn’t exactly NY City folks..Check the new autos they drive..sleep 24 hrs, go home for 48..what a job.Probably make more than me as a GS-12 when I was working.

IrishPat

Very good point. If Biggers is working one or maybe two other jobs while acing as manager here are we paying him a full-time salary. Some of the board directors do lie to get elected. I wrote to Sharon myself because she wrote a petition against the rec center prior to her getting elected but once elected she twice voted for the rec center. I do believe ther is a quote of Sharon saying that we could run the poa on half dues. It was in one of her ads during her campaign. So she lies as much as the others. Also I don’t like the fire department but one note abou0t the fire department is they don’t collect 20 a month from each person in Diamondhead it’s 20 a month per household.

Squaredeal

That is what I meant,Pat….MY bad.

RogerSmith

WE ALL KNOW THAT MANY POA EXPENSES WERE TAKEN OVER BY THE CITY. IF THE BOARD DOESN’T APPROVE MEASLY FIFTEEN DOLLAR REDUCTION THAT’S CRIMINAL.

IT TAKES VERY LITTLE TIME TO CALL OR WRITE THE BOARD MEMBERS TO TELL THEM TO REDUCE THESE OBSENCELY HIGH DUES.

CALL OR DROP THEM A FAST NOTE IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY.

DO NOTHING AND DUES WILL INCREASE FOR THE CHEAP GOLF CREEPS BENEFIT AS THEY WASTE MORE MONEY IN COMING YEARS.

John Fletcher

President

228 255-8491

jnothpilot@aol.com

Jerry Weber

VP

228 255-5448

jeweber11@gmail.com

Michael Schaefer

Treasurer

228 216-3919

poatreasurer62014@gmail.com

Sharon McCulley

Secretary

228 383-6679

dpoasec@gmail.com

Don Crosby

Director

228 255-5178

Crosby_donald@bellsouth.net

Marshall Kyger

Ex-Officio

228 586-6196

mekygs@cableone.net

Kelsey Johnson

Director

734 845-2559

kjohnson@gccds.msstate.edu

Craig Harvey

Director

228 342-8395

charvey@nvs-inc.com

Paul Montjoy, III

Director

228 216-4321

pmontjoy@cableone.net

Donald Silcio

Director

985 768-6991

Dsilcio76@yahoo.com

Uwe Seitz

Director

228 907-4127

designla@cableone.net

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.