Public Trust

This topic contains 14 replies, has 604 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Editor

Please post your comments concerning the alledged theft of a wallet by a POA security guard from a member’s home in Diamondhead here.

Anonymous

Mr. Editor, I am a law enforcement proffesional of 12 years in the area. I am familiar with a lot of things going on in Diamondhead. Yes you are correct that public trust is now in question. It is sad to see that some one you trust to secure your home and belongings could do such a thing while you are in such a vulnerable state. Especially in need of medical attention. Maybe more effort should be put into checking the employees background. I do believe that Al Herman hired him when he was with security. Now Mr. Herman is no longer with security due to him being unloyal and untrusting. Mr. Herman is a Hancock County Deputy Sheriff. Its a shame to see the efforts of honest hard working people go down the drain for two bad apples. I personally know members of the security team now in place in Diamondhead. I can assure you that the supervisors now running things will see to it that these type of actions will not be condoned. I dont believe that Mr. Tipton will ever return for questioning. He is a discusting person. To steal from any other human being is a disgrace. But what is really disturbing is that the person who hired Mr. Tipton is a deputy for Hancock County. So who do we allow in our homes to help us when we need them?

bonafide

I am not a golfer ,so I see my POA dues serving for security,roads,and the pools.I remember when the dues were only 30.00 a month.Well this is terrible ,that the security we pay for and count on are criminals,or acting out with criminal behavior.This is why I moved from New Orleans 15 years ago.Our Security department sucks and are not trustworthy.

bonafide

All law enforcement agencies are all corrupted.

Eags753

On the subject of security, did anyone read the Diamondhead News article posted by our Security Director? He states that persons displaying a 100% Disabled American Veterans license plate and parked in a handicap space would be sited by Diamodhead security officers. Mississippi State Law allows DAV licensed vehicle to park in all handicap zones in the state and is not a violation of Mississippi law and certainly not a violation of any Diamondhead rule I know of. Our director is a former supervisior with Hancock County Sheriffs Office and one would certainly assume he would know basic Mississippi law. If one does not know the law perhaps common sense should be employed. But, I quess I expect too much. Also, where is the respect for these American heros? And does Diamondhead security not realize that the term”Disabled” means handicaped. Man……things here never failed to amaze me.

PMucho

It is obvious the news about Security has not gooten out! Did you know we have 2 Security officers which patrol DHD each shift? Did you also know they have been instucted they must park their patrol car and turn it off for 3 hours per shift in an attempt to conserve fuel. Each officer must do this which means, when you do the math, that in any 8 hour shift, there is only 1 Security officer patrolling DHD for 6 hours. In any 24 hour period there is 1 Security officer patrolling DHD 18 hours. Oh, to add insult to injury, there is also a mileage limitation of 50 miles per shift/per car/per officer imposed. There is still 90 miles of roads in DHD.

Has anyone visited our new Website? It was available April 1st. There are no links to any of the governing body of DHD and no information on how to contact anyone. There are no agendas, no minutes but there are 9 links one may click on that will provide additional information about the airport. There is also links to the other amenities of DHD but they only have 5 or 6 links for information.

wayne king
    Participant

The information appears troubling, however are there any relvant facts or figuers where there is an increase of problems during shifts, like more calls of complaints or property crimes and damage during shifts ect. Unless there is an increase in crime and complaints it would seem an appropiate cost cutting measure, something past administrations were unable to accomplish.

wayne king
    Participant

I meant to add about the new web sie, if you are growing mushrooms, what you discribed is quite adequate.

PMucho

Wayne,
    The Security officers are still getting paid and benefits are as usual while they sit idle. The only savings is in gas and that is @ $2.00 per gallon. We are paying for 2 patrolling officers 24/7 and only getting 6 hours of double coverage. When someone sees a Security car sitting somewhere, one doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to realize there is only 1 other officer patrolling DHD’s 90 miles of roads. That seems a cut in service as opposed to cut in cost. There was also another Meth Lab bust this last Saturday on DHD Dr. W. It seems the S.O. was responding to a house burglery and discovered the house being burglerized was a Meth lab. That seems to be #3 in recent months.

On another matter, that of 100% DAV tags statements made by the Director of Security. someone must have missed the Security Director’s apology. It was in the March issue of the DHD News where he apoligized twice for the wrong information he had received, from a source in Jackson MS, and corrected the statement. The Director also said in his article,”Even though I received incorrect information I do apoligize to all Veterans and would like to THANK YOU for your service to our Country.” He realized his statements were incorrect and offered an apology which takes a lot of character to admit wrong. I think some people might need to apoligize to the Director for overlooking these statements in the March issue.

PMucho

Eags753,
    Please read the posting I have entered addressing the Director of Security’s statements about D.A.V. I think you may have some house cleaning to do.

Editor

Would you happen to know the identity of the perspn who has posted under this thread under name of "Fredy"?

wayne king
    Participant

I doupt if 99% of the people that reside in diamondhead would know if a Meth lab was next door to them or not, unless some other crimes or nusence was going on, how do you expect security patrolmen in an auto to know where one is located the labs neighbors dont even know. If you read what I wrote I ask if there was an increase in property or property damage crimes, which is about all a patrolman in an auto will deter through frequent patrol areas and a little speeding may be detered. The patrolmans main pourpse is rapid response to a problem not detering most problems. Like I said before, I dont always agree with them but the new administration is trying to find ways to cut cost and in that they have my support, when a legitimate cost per round of golf is obtained and the golf course deficits are reduced in that manner instead of raising POA fees they will have full support. At least some effort is going into cost reductions, something receint past Administrations were not effective in achieving.

Eags753

PMucho:

If you had simply checked the date of my post regarding the security directors instruction to cite DAV’s in handicap zones you would have learned the date was Feb. 6th, a month before the apology appeared. In you own post you stated “it was in the March issue.” Duh. Perhaps it is your house that need cleaning attention.

Eags753

PMucho”

You stated in your post that we should apologize to the security directory for questioning his order to cite vehicles displaying 100% DAV license plates and parked in handicap zones. FOR WHAT? Apologize for posting a fact? The post was not incorrect and was not untrue. When one accepts a position in the public arena his/her words and actions are fair game. His order suggest he does not know Mississippi law as well as he should given his position and background. To even suggest our disable veterans can not use a handicaped space is an insult to those service men and women. He states he checked with someone in Jackson, Ms (?) and was given bad information. It would have been easier to open a Mississippi code book and personally read the law regarding DAV and handicap parking. Rather simple and is a standard procedure. Apologize??? You gotta be kidding.

AL49

Soon it will be October 3, 2009 almost six months when the Editor asked the question “WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSON WHO HAS POSTED UNDER THIS THREAD UNDER NAME OF FREDY?” Things sure have gotten quiet after that question was asked. Old Fredy must be on “down-time” or something like that. Sure would like “Fredy” to come out of hiding and let this old
    Veteran and other Veterans like me know his real name. I am sure Fredy has never served in the military and if he was a Law Enforcement Officer has never solved a case. If I am incorrect I invite “Fredy” to answer this post giving his real name and what his job title is. By the way most men named Freddy spell it with two D’s not one “D” and most chose Fred over Freddy.
    Al Hermann

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.