Questions and comments

This topic contains 108 replies, has 2,943 voices, and was last updated by  DHGM 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • Author

DHGM

Any questions about the management of the DHCC&POA?

vsimons
    Participant

WHEN can I get a copy of the “COVENANT RENEWAL REPORT” done under the Kyger administration?
    A former POA officer mentioned this report at a public forum and said members could get a copy at the POA office, but office staff say “it’s still at the lawyers”….

Let me know when a copy will be available, and I’ll come get it.

Second question: Is there a written “Editorial policy” about what is reported in the Diamondhead News?

MarkL

. Yes I do have questions. If in the last five years we have lost about $2,000,000 in operating the country club why do we keep it open? A second question. Why are so many dollars of our dues spent on 2 golf courses used by a only a small number of DH poa members? These 2 golf courses have historically operated at a great loss. Lastly, why do we have so many paid golf pros?

BeauB
    Participant

Is this an attempt to respond to the anger shown on the 7/1/15 thread?

KenFromDMHD
    Participant

OK Here is my questions. I paid the POA Dues for the years 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013; but never received my membership cards for any of those years. Can I get my membership card now for those years ?

pdutton

There are an article and video on this site about the tanking of golf as presently played as a viable business in the US. Few other than Boomers and their elders play anymore, courses are being abandoned, golf gear isn’t selling, the list goes on. The situation is expected to only worsen unless some major changes to the game are made that might attract younger generations and would likely appall older ones. We are clearly bleeding money due to golf and country club losses here so we’ve already got a giant problems on our hands yet I haven’t heard of any attempts or even discussion of plans to address this widespread and growing loss of golf consumers. Improving the courses and offering special deals are simply not going to work when the consumer base is disappearing.

Are management and the board aware of this meltdown?
    If so, what actions are being considered to deal with it?

vsimons
    Participant

Pdutton,
    Here’s the link:
    “HBO Real Sports: The Future of Golf”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFEYC4Z44v0

“Build it and they will come? They DIDN’T COME.”

“A golf course closes somewhere in America every 48 hours.”

pdutton

And a second question if I may: last time I was at the country club I had a waitress who was reasonably helpful but also clearly disgruntled. A very charming and helpful manager noticed and smoothly took care of it, and, as I had a guest, I paid little attention to it then, but given the chef’s resignation letter it all came back.

Any comment you might be able to make regarding the country club restaurant situation would be welcome.

pdutton

Many thanks, visions. If ever a “meat space” central information group is established, you, Eags, and the Ed. would be the holy trinity!

vsimons
    Participant

Pdutton,
    Sent you a private message via this website.

rohboat
    Participant

If you have followed the consensus on the many post in this facility you must realize that many objections of what goes on in this community relates to an attitude of elite behavior.
    Some have considered you to be the leader of that pack. Do you think this is an unfair observation?

IrishPat

BeauB – 2014-09-11 3:59 PM

Is this an attempt to respond to the anger shown on the 7/1/15 thread?

Word of what the straightforward vocal people on that discussion thread were saying all these months may have gotten out. The greasy wheel gets the attention.

It appears to me that this frustration about the lack of open disclosure in the use of fees and the very need for a poa has been building for a long time.
    Let us hope Mr Irwin returns with some solid honest answers rather than the diversion tactics, and smooth talk we get from directors at the “open” “membership” meetings.
    The Property Owners Association board was originally meant to help us not a small group of their friends who have always had an attitude of entitlement.

BeauB
    Participant

Irish, I’d say this is more of a diversionary and delaying tactic more than an attempt at improvement. An attempt at appeasement. An opiate for the masses if you will

vsimons
    Participant

Beau.
    We’ll see IF we actually get some answers.
    Wait for them…..

Like I’m STILL waiting for my copy of the “COVENANT RENEWAL REPORT”.
    (Is there some big secret or problem about this report?)

ANOTHER QUESTION: IS there a study going on about transferring certain POA amenities to the CITY, or is the rumored “study” just plotting among certain persons on the City Council and some who think they speak for the POA???

BeauB
    Participant

You’re right v we’ll see.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.