Questions to the DWSD Board

Home Forums Diamondhead Government Diamondhead Water & Sewer District Questions to the DWSD Board

This topic contains 48 replies, has 1,271 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Editor

Opening a discussion to the DWSD

Billylamb2

Do you see the (tap fees) lowering for new construction any time soon?

benmike60

My wife and I are thinking about building a new house in Diamondhead and I called DWSD yesterday to see what the fees were. After I picked myself off of the floor I had to ask again :). I was told $3115.25 for new hookup, $225 deposit that we would get back after 24 months of good payment, and $50 for a spicket. I have been waitng for Darryl to call me back for the building permits and fees for the POA, I guess I will be picking myself off the floor again. No wonder we do not see new construction going on any more.

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

Ig’ll discuss this at the board meeting tomorrow and report out tomorrow evenin

Billylamb2

Thank you.

wmueller

I have a question that has irritated me but I figure it’s not worth fussing over. But here, why not. I am a customer of DWSD. Why do they go out of their way to write things on the bill they send us that makes us sound like criminals?

I have not been to the DWSD office, I’ve not met any of the people that work there; but my impression from the demeaning tone that is communicated every month when I open the bill makes me feel like I don’t want to go there.

Did someone screw them over big time once and they have a perpetual chip on their shoulders?

Billylamb2

I guess they figure if they give us an inch of kindness we will expect a mile. Who knows maybe they are just mean and unprofessional.

khm
    Participant

You know, I have to agree – the bills are strangely hostile!

wayne king
    Participant

Typical “Big Gov” attitude, make it hard and demeaning to the cooperative law abide-rs in attempts to bring abusers into line.

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

Could you be more specific as to what you see wrong with the water bill. As you are aware the water bill was revised to provide the customers with more privacy relative to amount owed, amount of water used, and anything past due. Our survey indicated that our users were pleased with the new format.

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

The current rates are under review.

khm
    Participant

The big “Warnings” on the bill sound like the DWSD assumes you are a deadbeat and they need to scare you into paying your bill. It’s not just me – other people have mentioned the same thing. WARNING: IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED WITHIN 7 DAYS…” and “This will be your ONLY notice…” and “Services will be cut off…” – I don’t get any other bills with threats all over them. It’s just very annoying.

wayne king
    Participant

That’s it, Typical “Diamondhead” management approach, Water: pay or get cut off in 7 days, $20 Fire fee, pay or no help,don’t ask to see any records, don’t question just pay. POA fee, Pay it, don’t question expenditures, don’t ask why the country club loses money, don’t ask why golf is so overly subsidized and continually loses money. Covenants exist to deter free thinking and an unjust election process. Just reminds one of ancient Europe and the behavior of the aristocracy against the surfs, its hard for an American to swallow acceptance of demeaning aristocratic mandates they want to feel free, not subjugated and burdened with others self interest. We are a community not a Barony. Each accepts his share of the burden and should not expect his neighbors to happy if his support is minimal compared to his gluttony. Diamondhead will probably never be a successful city and will deteriorate until this is overcome.

Michael Schaefer
    Participant

Mr. King,

I would agree that the water notice is somewhat caustic and I have the general manager looking into changing the wording to something softer. He must get with the printer to determine the costs. The notice is a reminder that to save $10.00 please ensure your bill is paid on-time. We have a number of our customers who do not pay on time. I’m sure your not one of them. Just a reminder that there is an opening on the water board. (It pays more than the city council). Please apply if you are interested.

wayne king
    Participant

Sounds like a good start, try and make inroads into the cost of a hook up to encourage development.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.