So we are still on the hook for $66.50/month to the POA?

Home Forums Diamondhead Mississippi General Discussion General Topics of Interest So we are still on the hook for $66.50/month to the POA?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 685 voices, and was last updated by  jameslynnmartin 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Why? Do they still have authority to place property leins for non-payment of dues, even though Diamondhead is now a city?

I suppose some Real Estate lawyer could say.

MarkL

Good question. Why?

Lce
    Participant

jameslynnmartin – 2015-01-02 6:21 PM Why? Do they still have authority to place property leins for non-payment of dues, even though Diamondhead is now a city? I suppose some Real Estate lawyer could say.

Hi,

Wish I could answer your question but I’m not a lawyer nor do I know what has happened to anyone who has refused to pay. As a layperson as far as I can tell we’re still on the hook for $66.50/mo until 2020 when the covenants expire. But as things go with the POA I have a feeling that when 2020 rolls around Purcell and his cronies will be able to use his many votes and proxy’s to renew the covenants in perpetuity. Sad that the POA won’t acknowledge how these high dues to keep cheap golf for a small group of well-heeled members are a hardship for good folk who are disabled, elderly or on tight fixed incomes.

Here’s a link to a document about the covenants & expiration dates (written by Mr Mario Feola) that I just found on dnol. Maybe it will shed a little light on what will happen in 5 years.

http://www.diamondheadnews.com/absolutenm/templates/?z=0&a=1283

RogerSmith

.Good find. In that article it says the covenant for Fairway estates II was annulled in 1994. Does anyone know how they were able to get their covenant annulled or if that means they’re dues exempt? Getting exempt from covenants— dues sounds promising. Before this mention of the expiration dates I’d thought the only way out of the Diamondhead POA was to sell our house low priced and take the hit. With all the levels of governance, taxes, dues, fees and confusion here I’m sure many are hoping to sell and move. Will the last person to leave Diamondhead please turn off the huge LED signs the POA made us buy.

Thanks for your help, LCE!

I’m not sure that paying a Real Estate lawyer would be cheaper than the $66.50/month.

I guess we will all find out soon. At least by 2020! Haha.

vsimons
    Participant

Has anyone seen the “COVENANT RENEWAL REPORT”?

During the Kyger I reign, a “Covenant Renewal Report” was done and is supposedly available to Members, BUT the POA staff has told those asking for the report that “it is still at the lawyers office…” If this report was done with our dues money, shouldn’t any Member be entitled to view it, even if “the lawyers” haven’t finished their (very long) review?

IS IT TRUE THAT THE GLEN EAGLE COVENANTS ARE PERPETUAL?
    Two local attorneys (both residents of DH) have repeatedly stated at POA meetings (despite the Kygerites trying to shut them up) that the COVENANTS will NEVER expire in GLEN EAGLE (perpetual covenants?) AND that after 2020, ONLY GLEN EAGLE property owners will be subject to POA dues, thus footing the bills for ALL POA “amenities”. BUT, can PURCELL and the Old Guard gang somehow make all our covenants “perpetual”?

How can we find out the truth about the COVENANT ISSUE?

WHY CAN’T WE SEE THE COVENANT RENEWAL REPORT?

MarkL

WHY CAN’T WE SEE THE COVENANT RENEWAL REPORT V? Probably for the same reason the petition for incorporation was prepared and funded by our money in secret. Dictators like to keep people in the dark so they can get away with their crimes. Just like the poa did with incorporation, they will make it their business to keep us in the dark while using our funds to cram a covenant renewal down our throats in 2020. But they’ll do it in secret like they did with incorporation. I saw a quote on the dnol Editors’ facebook page by Robespierre " The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant." The quote reminded me of the Dear Leader dictatorship that runs our poa by using our money to fund things while using stall tactics, misinformation, disinformation and lies to keep us in the dark. Much like is done in North Korea where you have a rich elite class of God like Kings living off of the work of an underground slave economy that they keep in the dark through censorship and propaganda. I saw a night shot from space a few weeks ago. It pictured the bright lights of South Korea compared to the vast darkness of North Korea. It speaks volumes both literally and symbolically. North Korea is a nation kept in darkness where the ruling elite hide information from the people who pay for the elites people’s fancy lifestyles.It’s true what Margaret says about the golfers, poa "leaders" and ruling elite and the "Dear Leader" Kyger of Diamondhead not living in reality. They even have their coronation balls with their King and Queen at the welfare restaurants of the welfare country club while the majority of us are paying dues without getting any voice in things. The POA has always been deceptive and full of graft. The poa has got to go. I’ll call Monday and ask about a copy of the secret renewal study that our money paid for, Maybe if enough of us call they’ll realize that they have no right to hide from us a study that our money funded. The poa leaders are up to no good when they keep hiding the truth fro the very people who fund them.

vsimons
    Participant

Mark, It seems that our POA-created City Council may have inherited some BAD HABITS such as a “lack of transparency” from it’s POA origins: What really went on during the recent 6 hour “RECESS” City Council meeting? (You sure can’t tell from the “minutes.”)

6 HOURS for WHAT?
    “RECESS” CITY COUNCIL MEETING: EXECUTIVE SESSION:
    On Dec. 18 the City Council met in a “Recess” meeting that started at 8:30 am and lasted til 2:35 pm: “…no OFFICIAL action was taken.” http://www.diamondhead.ms.gov/Agenda%20%20Minutes/2015/Agendas15/010615/12.18.14%20Recess%20Meeting.pdf

From the minutes: …Councilmember Knobloch moved, seconded by Councilmember Sislow, to enter into Executive Session to discuss Economic Development related to: 1.Transaction of business and discussion regarding to prospective purchase, sale or leasing of lands; 2.Transaction of business and discussions or negotiations regarding the location, relocation or expansion of a business or an industry.

HOW THIS “RECESS” MEETING WAS ANNOUNCED: At the end of the Dec. 16 regular City Council meeting, (after another EXECUTIVE SESSION at which “…no official action was taken.”) …”At 7:24 pm CST Councilmember Lopez moved, seconded by Councilmember LaFontaine, to RECESS until 8:30 am Thursday, December 18, 2014. SEE page 6 of the Dec. 16 minutes: http://www.diamondhead.ms.gov/Agenda%20%20Minutes/2015/Agendas15/010615/12.16.14%20Formal%20Meeting.pdf

vsimons
    Participant

“TRANSPARENCY” issues abound:

In an “advance” version of the Jan. 6 City Council minutes (being circulated by a City Councilman and a Planning & Zoning Commissioner), the Mayor complains that he “Does not feel that there is transparency….” — at another agency.

vsimons
    Participant

Correction to above post:
    FORMER Planning & Zoning Commissioner.

From the “advance” Jan. 6 minutes:
    c. 2015-3277 – Accept resignation of Norman Parker as Planning and Zoning Commissioner – Accepted by All.

BeauB
    Participant

I still say the only route to get people to listen is to refuse to pay on 7/1/15. We can talk about the new leadership really trying to lower costs and blah blah etc. etc. Clearly they are ineffective leaders with no political ability. We need to take back what is ours. We continue to be robbed, laughed at, and have low property values. Again, if it continues, we can only blame ourselves.

BeauB
    Participant

I still say the only route to get people to listen is to refuse to pay on 7/1/15. We can talk about the new leadership really trying to lower costs and blah blah etc. etc. Clearly they are ineffective leaders with no political ability. We need to take back what is ours. We continue to be robbed, laughed at, and have low property values. Again, if it continues, we can only blame ourselves.

Squaredeal

Beau, I am willing to do anything to get relief from this bunch of crooks…if everyone would participate, we would have them in a heck of a debacle with NO income coming in.Maybe we should go with your plan.

Lce
    Participant

jameslynnmartin – 2015-01-03 11:35 AM Thanks for your help, LCE! I’m not sure that paying a Real Estate lawyer would be cheaper than the $66.50/month. I guess we will all find out soon. At least by 2020! Haha.

You’re most welcome James. Wish I could have helped you more. Best of luck to you.

Yep we’ll see what happens when the covenants expire in 2020. I did write to the POA to ask for a copy of the covenant renewal report that vsimons mentioned. As predicted by v, my polite email request for the study WE paid for was completely ignored. Feels like the dues paying membership of this joke of a POA has fewer and fewer rights.

Lce
    Participant

BeauB – 2015-01-14 4:48 AM I still say the only route to get people to listen is to refuse to pay on 7/1/15. We can talk about the new leadership really trying to lower costs and blah blah etc. etc. Clearly they are ineffective leaders with no political ability. We need to take back what is ours. We continue to be robbed, laughed at, and have low property values. Again, if it continues, we can only blame ourselves.

Beau, Still strongly agree with your basic ideas but as rohboat mentioned, nobody wants to have a lien put on their property. It’s a complex legal situation. Mr. T. R. Alfonso said it best in this article. –

http://www.diamondheadnews.com/absolutenm/templates/?z=0&a=964

Incorporation and weakening of the corrupt POA shouldn’t have been attempted until the costly golf-country club amenities were given away, sold or whatever. But I doubt that the city even wants to take on ownership of the golf courses. To what extent should a POA or even a city subsidize the leisure of a recreational asset that is utilized by a minority at the expense of the majority?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.