Swimming pools

This topic contains 28 replies, has 612 voices, and was last updated by  Bheath8 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Bheath8
    Participant

I’m new to this site but I would like to post pool opening and closed dates.
    First off my name is Brent Heath, and I’ve cleaned the 4 pools for the past 2 years. I am ATI certified and enjoy working for diamondhead. If there are any questions or problems please let me know in a civil manner. I can answer most questions about the pools. Paying for the pools is not my field. I just clean and maintain them.
    Thanks and I look forward to a great year.
    Pool cleaning days are:
    Monday-Holiday Villiage
    Tuesday-North Rec
    Wednesday-East Rec
    Thursday-Main Pool (Country Club)

Editor

Thank you very much, Brent for the information. My wife and I truly enjoy the pools as part of our exercise routines. Looking forward to restarting our morning swims!

Bheath8
    Participant

It is a great way to exercise. Hope you and your wife enjoy them.

lisal

I just wish they would spend a few bucks and get rid of the red ants around the pools.

Bheath8
    Participant

I try and keep a eye on the ants. They are almost a loosing battle. Where are the ants? Which pool?

shaymac

Thank you, Brent. A couple of individuals have mentioned problems to me. At East rec a number of people have voiced concern over the deck and injuries. Seems some people have cut their feet. I am not exactly how, but the swim team coaches may have further information. Also, one of the coaches pointed out to me a line of scum right above the water line. As I took a few pictures of the area for a red top I also noticed sand on tip of the little step that goes around the pool just below the water level.
    Someone else mentioned at North there is an area that when it rains, soil runs onto the pool deck (probably not your area of expertise, but maybe you could mention it to the powers that be).
    I’ve done some research lately on bugs and Food Grade DE (diatomaceous earth) is suppose to work and it is a safe product.

Bheath8
    Participant

I’m not sure how on the deck either. If there is chipped concrete that is something that needs to be addressed ASAP so we can figure out where and how. I will go look at it this morning. As for the wall of scum. I’m not getting in the water during the winter and scrubbing tile. Just to cold for me. I am in the process of scrubbing tile this week. Wednesday I was going to but I had to add chemicals that wouldn’t allow me to get in the water without coming out the water with no skin. Lol. As for North I clean the concrete off with a blower and I haven’t seen any built up dirt on the deck ever. However. All the pools are at the lowest grade point when it comes to elevation so it wouldn’t surprise me if there was. Finally. I’m not sure I understand what you are getting at about the DE and bugs. Is this about the ants? I know that DE is one of the best pool filters ever but never heard of it for bugs. Sende the link. I would like to read it.

lisal

I know for sure there is a big problem at Holliday Village. And last year I was dodging them at the pool where the famous $650,000 building is going. I have used OVER AND OUT for 3 years now and not one ant.

Bheath8
    Participant

Ok. I used ortho and had some residents complain about the smell because it stinks to high heavens. We ask no food or drinks for that reason but there still seams to be some that bring food and sugar drinks to the pools. I will keep a closer eye on them this year. If u do see any please let me know. My personal number is 228-216-4028. If u see any please let me know.

Bheath8
    Participant

*seems

Bheath8
    Participant

Where do u get over and out? I’ve never heard of it.

lisal

Over and out is a small pellet admin. with a spreader. And then you water it. It will last a good 6 months, but if you keep using it every 6 months you will nnot see any any ants. I get mine at Lowes and my lot is 80×120 and the larger bag covers it. Believe me it is well worth it. When you 1st use it, you can admin. a small amount on each hill you see.

Bheath8
    Participant

Thanks Lisa.

Bheath8
    Participant

Sharon, I wasn’t able to find any jagged edges on the deck at east rec. Is there any other place that it could be?

shaymac

I’ll try to ask the swim coach tonight at practice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.