The Purcell Consent Decree

Home Forums Diamondhead Legal Forum POA Lawsuits The Purcell Consent Decree

This topic contains 11 replies, has 712 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Editor

Should the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association have settled the law suit asking for the developer, Purcell Corporation, to pay dues on lots it owns in Diamondhead?

Anonymous

this man is very greety

Anonymous

I feel that if the covenants state all property owners in Diamondhead must pay POA dues on the property they own than that includes Purcell.

No one should be exempt.

KenFromDMHD
    Participant

There are some lots on the SouthSide that have had “Phase” elections ( 85% elections allowed for in the ByLaws ) and actually removed the restrictions on the lots. This means that they don’t pay dues. It appears that these lots are being voted in the POA ByLaw Elections such as the recent Road TurnOver election. I would consider that the voting of NonDuesPaying lots constitutes a Breech Of Contract of the Diamondhead Covenants Agreement. The 10% quorum allowance started in the mid 90’s represents a departure from the original covenants. Why should only 10% participation be required to sneak in changes to the Bylaws. This constitutes a breech of contract as well. The biggie of course is that the POA was never granted title of the Country Club and Golf Course. What a joke it is to pay dues to something you don’t even own.

benmike60

It sounds like we need to vote all of the current POA board members out just like the city!

Squaredeal

We need to get rid of the POA entirely, and pay NO dues..they allow the public at large to use all facilities here.

lisal

I agree with you!!!!! Last year, at the pool in my area, cars pull, go in to swim and never saw the “guard” ask for ID. Our neighbor brings friends to swim who do not live in DH and they get right in. So why pay dues when they let any Tom, Dick or Harry in for free.

Squaredeal

Effective June 1, I quit paying any dues to the POA.I will go to court with them, and I think I can win..if they try to have it here, I will ask for a change of venue due a conflict of interest with the Judges in Hancock Co.

Pelican1

Square I see you did finally grow a pair. I will tell you the what points you need in court if and when do go to court. I got to say you are correct at every level. I have not been on here for a good bit.

Pelican1

You never had to pay dues as the developer who is the POA one in the same broke every rule ever made thus had no intent for any enforcement. If you feel a need to be part of the golf gang go get a silver slipper card

Pelican1

Wow I see some hope here you are, I think YOU ARE the one and only that did figure it out all must pay the only way they can not is if 85% of EACH PHASE votes that a few do not have to pay DUES. This 85% never happened. Thus if Purcell Inc , Diamond head Properties, Diamondhead Inc, Diamondhead yacht club now owned by Percel , Diamond head country club owned by Purcel and yes even lots owned by the POA must pay Dues. IF THEY DO NOT THEN WE DO NOT HAVE TO!!!!!

WHO TOLD YOU THE SECRET OF THE HILLS THE LONG HELD CODE YOU SHOULD HUSH AND PAY UP AND LET THE YANKEE THE CORPORATION **** ON YOU.

PS AND ALL THE LAWS THE GOON PRO TEMP SQUAD LAWS PUT ON THE BOOKS BY FUNDED IN PART BY THE YANKEE CORPORATION.
    And also go over and lick Purcels boots

KEnfromMS

Where is the text of the “Purcell Consent Decree” which started posts back in 2003 ?
    What is the name of the LawSuit ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.