TRAVEL CLUB

This topic contains 20 replies, has 611 voices, and was last updated by  serenity982 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

serenity982

Is there anyone else out there that would like to see Diamondhead start a travel club? I’m interested in belonging to and even starting such a club if there is enough interest. I am single, like to travel, and want to meet new people. Anyone interested in such a club?

nima

Sounds good to me.

tobeyporter

Sounds like a plan..

carygrant

What’s next?

nima

I suggest we meet and put our heads together to come up with ideas to get a travel club started.
    If anyone of you are interested in getting together, please let me know and I will try to come up with a time and place good for all interested.

IrishPat

My wife and I would be interested in any local group for travel especially to the western US.

carygrant

Let’s set a date and location to meet. Serenity982?

IrishPat

That would be nice. Since moving here we have missed going on fun trips with friends, couples or singles.
    We think our next trip will be to tour Santa Barbara wine country. About 10 years ago there was a comedy about wine lovers and how funny and sometimes pretentious it can all get.
    It was called “Sideways”. We’ll probably go do the 10 year anniversary “Sideways” wine tour next month. http://www.santabarbaraca.com/sideways10/?gclid=CNXQr9y40MACFWwQ7AodnBAA5Q

There a few wonders of the great American west that we’d love to see. A nice cruise to Alaska is also on my personal bucket list.

So fellow travel lovers, what is hands down the best place you’ve ever visited?
    We’ve been to Ireland and Egypt years ago but some of our best trips were here in the US. The Florida Keys, Glacier National Park to name two.

carygrant

Egypt is on my bucket list. I’ve been to Europe, Ireland, England, Mexico, Bahamas, and other places in the Caribbean. Turkey was the biggest culture shock I’ve had. But my favorite destination is Italy. Venice was a dream come true.

IrishPat

I’ve heard Venice is wonderful.

Editor

South Africa! The trip of a life time.

IrishPat

Africa especially a Safari in Kenya would be great. I hear it’s a little dangerous around some of the big cities of SA and Kenya but the outlying areas and wildlife are amazing.

benmike60

I concurr, I have been to Cape Town twice, definately a must on bucket list.

Lce
    Participant

Oh some of these trips sound very tempting! Egypt will be on my bucket list too.

Bali. A must see imho.

I haven’t traveled much lately but feel blessed to have seen some cool places because we lived on 3 different continents while growing up. Was born in Asia so on my last big birthday a friend and I went to visit my roots in Bali.

It’s very clean and beautiful. I’m obsessed with flower gardening and everything grows and blooms there. We stayed in a hotel with a pool that had scarlet Bougainvillea vines encircling it. It was funny because there was an employee standing there the whole time. His whole job was to run and pick up the vine’s leaves should one fall into the pool.

nima

We need to get together and do some planning to start taking trips.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.