Tropical Storm Karen

This topic contains 5 replies, has 127 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Editor

Tropical Storm Karen has formed in the southern Gulf of Mexico with winds of 65 mph. The National Hurricane Centerâs official track takes Karen through the central Gulf toward Alabama, with the current landfall position around Mobile Bay, Ala.

There is a possibility that Karen becomes a hurricane before it makes landfall later Saturday, so a hurricane watch has been issued from Grand Isle, LA eastward to Indian Pass, FL. Tropical storm watches are in effect from Grand Isle westward to Morgan City, LA. The hurricane watch does include Diamondhead, MS.

Question and comments?

agc409
    Participant

Tropical Storm Karan is currently not large enough to be adequately resolved by numerical weather prediction models, so there is much uncertainty in the latest forecast track. I’m certain that past experiences will lead all Diamondhead residents to stay vigilant with this storm.

Ladygator74
    Participant

Do you know where I can get sandbags? When it rains very much large amounts of water cross my property from the property above me. I would like to keep it from getting into my dogs’ pen. I would appreciate any info. 🙂

QueenMercury

Got this in an email:

Hancock County E.O.C. has announced that sand & sandbags are at East Rec. as of 2:00 p.m. Friday. Bring your own shovel.

Ladygator74
    Participant

Thanks. Checked it out last night and no one was there, but maybe I went there too late.

lisal

Storm Report:

I don’t have anything to report, but yesterday Sunday morning I went to Waveland to Lowes and along their south fence where they have all their sheds that Lowes sell, everyone was destroyed. They’re all crushed in the metal ones look like a tangled mess. It happened Saturday night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.