Use of Radar by Security Patrol

Home Forums Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Assoc Security Use of Radar by Security Patrol

This topic contains 13 replies, has 567 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Editor

What is your opinion of the use of RADAR by the Diamondhead Security Patrol?

Sierra

This is one of the best reasons I know of to become a city. People driving through our community feel they are not subject to our rules and regulations but as a city we can cite these people for violating the law. And start taking their money for their arrogance. And maybe even put some of these kids in jail for their vandalism

rkied

I don’t think we need radar in Diamondhead. With speed limits at 35mph, it’s pretty obvious when a car is speeding. Usually when someone is speeding to an obvious point, they will also run stop signs, drive erratically, etc.

Sierra

The point is we know they are speeding, we just need some way to deter them from speeding all the time. And radar is one way to deter the Yahoo’s that live outside of Diamondhead.

Sierra

(I don’t think we need radar in Diamondhead. With speed limits at 35mph, it’s pretty obvious when a car is speeding.)

This is a large problem with your type of thinking because the speed limit in Diamondhead is only 30 not 35. There is only one road that is going out of Diamondhead that is 35 and that is only about a half a mile long in Diamondhead and it is Kapalama Drive. So you need to slow down lady.

rkied

After I hit the send button, I realized I typed it wrong… don’t be so negative…

Unlike many drivers I see, I actually stop for stop signs. Do you, or do you roll through them when no ones there? How about your blinkers? Do you use them every time?

AL49

Use of Radar by Security Patrol
    If the security guard is properly trained in the use of the radar equipment they are using I personally have no problem with it. The question is now before the courts at this time to determine if it is legal for the Use of Radar by Security Patrol. I am not a security guard, I am a Hancock County Deputy Sheriff and it is against the law for us to use Radar. I feel that the use of Radar is a great deterrent to speeders. I understand that some problems may have existed if and when the Radar was missed used. Because of speed we the residents of Diamondhead have lost too many young lives in vehicle accidents in Diamondhead. It breaks my heart every time I have worked an accident and there are fatalities. My heart goes out to every parent, grand parent, brother or sister when their love ones are killed. We the residents of Diamondhead need to take control of our community and support our Security Department and Law enforcement officers. Instead of blaming the Security Guard or Deputy Sheriff for “picking on” their child when they are given a ticket, think of it like this, “that ticket may slow my child down”.

Please let’s all work together and put a stop to Diamondheads most serious problem, SPEEDERS.

Al Hermann

wayne king
    Participant

Radar is good, so is a breathilizer, apply both when appropiate.

Mslinzy

See Hubby! This is exactly WHY I refuse to live anywhere around the coast area. 30/35 miles an hour! I wonder what time do these people begin in the mornings when speed limits are set so slow. It isn’t only in Diamondhead. From one end, LA area to AL area. Slow, slow, slow. Even their four lane is 55 mph. Oh, I understand. They are layed back. Oh. o.k. move there after I am layed back and dead.

AL49

Mslinzy,
    The 30/35 miles an hour posted speed limit are on residential streets NOT the Interstate like you imply.

Mslinzy

Alrighty then, What is the speed limit for residential streets?

30/35 mph.

What is the speed limit on the interstate that leads to Diamondhead?

55 mph.

This is to clarify.

Even their four lane is 55 mph. That was not an imply.

AL49

The speed limit on Golf Club Dr. Driving West to the “Y” on to Diamondhead Dr. East is 30 MPH. If you turn left onto Kalani Dr.
    the speed limit is 20 MPH until you reach the stop sign at N.E. Interchange.

From the Hancock County line as you leave Harrison County traveling West the speed limit is 70 MPH. As soon as you enter into Hancock County you also enter into the City limits of Diamondhead. As you travel West on the interstate you will leave the City of Diamondhead as you cross the center of the Jordan River as you travel over the bridge.

Al Hermann

Mslinzy

Thank you Al. I shall print this out for future reference.

Thanks again..

ronslattery

If the Officer are Trained and the “guns” are calibrated properly, let the “Chips fall where they may”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.