Water rate increase

This topic contains 15 replies, has 677 voices, and was last updated by  Eags753 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Eags753

The water department recently announced a 5% increase in their rates. Because the sewerage rate is double the water bill that means that the sewerage rates will increase by 10% for a total rate increase of 15% not 5%. I think we are dealing with some pretty ‘slick’ folks here.

What????? Another new math?

Eags753

Yep….Its called “common sense equations”. The water board should learn this new math or perhaps they do know it but hope we don’t.

Editor

May I suggest a related article on this subject we have just published:

http://www.diamondheadnews.com/absolutenm/templates/Dheadeditorial.asp?articleid=257&zoneid=21

Eags753

Dear Editor,

Thanks for forwarding the article on common sense’s death. You did not say where but I’ll bet the funeral was held in Diamondhead. Perhaps, even, at the country club (smile).

MARC MASEMAN

What is approxmate monthly water/sewer bill for full time resident (family of 2)?

MARC MASEMAN

What is approxmate monthly water/sewer bill for full time resident (family of 2)?

Aimsmith

Originally written by MARC MASEMAN on 2005-03-27 6:20 AM

$45.00

Corgi

Let’s suppose the water bill is $5 and therefore the sewer would be $10. If the rates go up 5% on water, the bill would be $5.25 making the sewer $10.50 for a total of $15.75. Now $15.75 (the new price) minus $15 (the old price) is an increase of $0.75. Dividing $0.75 by $15 gives you a percent increase of 5%. You made an error by adding percentages which you cannot do in mathematics so it is NOT a 15% overall increase but rather a 5% increase overall.

Marineraider

We are a family of two and our water and sewer avg. bill runs approx.$45.00
    a month. But don’t water your lawn or wash your car. This is for showers,cooking, dishwashing and laundry and flushing the commode. Aany extra use of water will cost you.

MARC MASEMAN

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. SO, HOW DOES ONE WASH ONES CAR OR WATER ONES LAWN IN DIAMONDHEAD???????????????????????????????????????

tdredbone

I have a family of 5, we have 4 cars that are washed weekly. Lots of showers and washed hair and my water bill averages 60/mo. It’s do-able. There are also several pay carwashes in the area that range from $4.00 to $8.00 per car.

MARC MASEMAN

When you say your “water bill”
    runs $60.00/month, do you mean water and sewer?

tdredbone

Yes, water and sewer. We water two lots in summer and our bill increases by about $15.00 if we water the grass and flowers a few times per week. The charges increase based on how many thousands of gallons you use above the minimum.

wayne king
    Participant

Has the POA ever done a cost estimate for operateing the Water and Sewer services under a competetively bid contract. It is very difficult these days to provided these services cost effectively in house when compared to operateing them under contract. Someone licensed and competent in the industry needs to prepare the Bidding Documents and it cannot be someone involved in any way in the bidding.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.