Click on document to see original
State of Mississippi
The within and foregoing Charter of Incorporation of DIAMONDHEAD COUNTRY CLUB AND PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC. is hereby approved.
In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Mississippi to be affixed this 8th day of June A. D., 1970.
John Bell Williams
By the Governor
Secretary of State
Book 182 Page 140
At a regular meeting of the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association, held at the Hancock Bank Building, 100 Main Street, Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, on the 2nd day of June, 1970, at 10:00 A.M., at which there were present the following members:
William C. Brent, Jr.
Mrs. Lloyd Breland
Ralph M. Prince
on motion duly made and seconded, the following resolution was unanimously adopted:
“Resolved that P. Holcomb Hector, William C. Brent, Jr., Mrs. Lloyd L. Breland, and Ralph M. Prince, be and are hereby authorized to make application to the Secretary of State of the State of Mississippi for a Charter of Incorporation of the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association, as a non-profit and non-share corporation.”
I, Ralph M. Prince, Secretary of the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association, do hereby certify that the above and foregoing is a true and correct copy of a Resolution adopted by the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association of Bay St. Louis, on the 2nd day of June, 1970.
WITNESS, my signature this the 2nd day of June, 1970,
Ralph M. Prince
Secretary Book 182 Page 141
Furnished by Heber Ladner, Secretary of State, Jackson, Miss
Use this form and acknowledgments in making application for Charter of Incorporation in Mississippi, Non-Profit.
THE CHARTER OF INCORPORATION OF
DIAMONDHEAD COUNTRY CLUB AND PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
- The corporate title of said company is: Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association, Inc.
- The names of the Incorporators are:
(The application must show affirmatively that all incorporators are adult resident citizens of Mississippi, and attach a certified copy of resolution of an existing association authorizing, directing and empowering the Incorporators to make application for a grant of charter.)
Name Street & No. City State
Holcomb Hector 26 Oakmont Place Biloxi, Mississippi
William C. Brent, Jr. Bayou View Apartments Gulfport, Mississippi
Mrs. Lloyd L. Breland 4492 Kendall Circle Gulfport, Mississippi
Ralph M. Prince 124 Wen-Mar Avenue Pass Christian, Mississippi
All of the above incorporators are adult resident citizens of the State of Mississippi.
3. The domicile is at Hancock Bank Building 100 Main Street, P.O. Box 22 Bay St. Louis, Mississippi
(Street and No.) (City) (State)
4. (Here set out that the corporation is Non-Profit and no shares of stock shall be issued and the type of organization, etc.)
The Corporation is a non-profit Corporation and no shares of stock are to be issued. The Corporation shall function as a civic improvement society for the Diamondhead development and its common facilities and areas.
The membership of the Corporation shall be composed of the Incorporators hereof and the owners and purchasers of lots in the Diamondhead development in Hancock County, Mississippi.
5. Period of existence shall be perpetual.
Book 182 Page 142
6. The purpose for which it is created, not contrary to law, including a statement of the rights and powers that are to be exercised by said corporation, which said rights and powers shall be limited to those reasonably necessary to accomplish the stated purpose of the association being incorporated:
The Corporation shall be a civic improvement organization devoted to the improvement of the Diamondhead development and to the operation, maintenance, management, ownership, buying, and handling of its common recreational facilities, and guard and security service.
The Corporation shall have the right and power to establish, develop, build, construct, design, maintain, manage, operate, own, buy, sell, acquire, lease, trade and deal in cafes, bars, restaurants, clubs, marinas, yacht clubs, golf clubs, private streets and roads and the appurtenances thereto, common areas, recreation areas, private police, guard and security services and similar enterprises in Hancock County, Mississippi, and elsewhere and to engage in any other business or activity which may be useful and helpful in the operation and maintenance of any of the above.
The Corporation shall have all of the rights and powers, to the extent reasonably necessary to accomplish the stated purposes of the Corporation, given to corporations under the Mississippi Business Corporation Act, any amendments thereto, and any successor act or acts.
7. This corporation shall not be required to make publication of its charter, shall issue no shares of stock, shall divide no dividends or profits among its members, shall make expulsion the only remedy for non-payment of dues, shall vest in each member the right to one vote in the election of all officers, shall make the loss of membership, by death or otherwise, the termination of all interest of such members in the corporate assets, and there shall be no individual liabilities against the members for corporate debts but the entire corporate property shall be liable for the claims of creditors.
Book 182 Page 143
NOTE: This application must be filed with Secretary of State within six (6) months of the date of the last acknowledgement.
William C. Brent, Jr.
Mrs. Lloyd L. Breland
Ralph M. Prince
STATE OF MISSISSIPPI
County of HANCOCK
This day personally appeared before me, the undersigned authority in and for the aforesaid County and State, P. Holcomb Hector, William C. Brent, Jr., Mrs. Lloyd L. Breland, and Ralph M. Prince, all adults, incorporators of the corporation known as the Diamondhead Country Club and Property Owners Association, Inc. who acknowledged that (he) (they) signed and executed the above and foregoing charger of Incorporation as, (his) (their) act and deed on this the 2nd day of June, 1970.
Gerald Gex, Notary Public
My commission expires 8/24/71